x老师讲的课程是全新版大学英语综合教程第一册第二单元“All the Cabbie Had Was a Letter”, 课文的内容是希望每个人都能及时表达自己的情感，不要等到无法表达的时候后悔莫及。这篇课文是我去年讲的内容，文章很感人，文字还历历在目。但是x老师在课堂上的处理让我有一种耳目一新的感觉，无论是文章的导入还是重难点的讲解都很新颖，使这个故事更加引人入胜，也使人产生更多的共鸣。x老师发音清晰标准，教态自然娴熟，课堂节奏把握得恰到好处，教学步骤清晰合理，充分体现了一个有经验的教师应有的风采，如果真的要说有什么不完美的话，我想如果能在教室配备扩音器就更好了，x老师的声音已略带沙哑，但是在后排听起来还是稍显吃力。好在瑕不掩瑜，已经是很好的示范课了，我从中学到很多东西，感谢x老师！
Section A (3 periods): A Test of True Love
1st---2nd periods: Pre-reading activities ( theme-related questions for warming up;)
While-reading activities (cultural notes; useful words and expressions;
difficult sentences) rd 3period: While-reading activities (text structure; main ideas)
Post-reading activities (comprehension questions; exercises)
1. Pre-reading Activities
1) Check the homework
1. What do you think very important in someone whom you will love? (For example, do you care very much about his/her appearance?)
2. Have you ever seen a movie or read a novel about love that moved you deeply?
3. What kind of love do you expect in your life?
2. While-reading Activities
1) Use questions as a means of clarifying the organization of this passage.
Check the Ss’ understanding of the text with following questions
1. Why was John Blandford staying in Grand Central Station in New York?
He was waiting to see a woman who had filled a special place in his life for the past thirteen months.
2. How did John get connected to the woman?
3. How was John’s first response to the woman different from that of his friends?
4. What had the woman, Hollis Meynell, done in the past thirteen months?
She had faithfully written to John. Even when his letters did not arrive, she wrote anyway, without decrease.
5. How did he feel as long as he received her letters?
6. When he asked her for a photo, what did she do?
7. Did Hollis Meynell come to the station as they had arranged?
Yes, but she had asked a lady well over forty to wear the rose on her coat.
8. Why did Hollis Meynell want to test John Blandford?
2) Language Points:
1. without fail: (Line 6) ① when you tell sb to do sth without fail, you are telling them that they must do it; with complete certainty 务必，一定 ② always 总是，必定
I want you here by two o’clock without fail. 我要你两点钟务必来到这里。
He writes every week without fail. 他每周必定写信。
2. Soon after he volunteered for military service, he had received a book from this woman. (Para.2)
Meaning: Not long after he joined the military, he had received a book from this woman.
volunteer: offer to do sth without being forced to do it or without getting paid for it 自愿做，义务做，无偿做 volunteer (sth) (for/as sth)
John volunteered to organize a petition. 约翰自告奋勇组织请愿/上访。
He volunteered his services as a driver. 他自愿服务充当司机。
Several staff members volunteered for early retirement. 几位职员自愿提前退休。
volunteer (for sth): join the army, etc. without being forced to 自愿参军，当志愿兵
volunteer for military service / for the navy 自愿服兵役; 自愿参加海军
volunteer: (n) a person who does a job without being paid for it 义务工作者，志愿者; a person who offers to do sth without being forced to do it 自告奋勇者，主动做某事的人
3. And while they all got strength from it, and appreciated her support of their cause, John Blandford was the only person to write Ms. Meynell back. (Para. 2)
while: (used at the beginning of a sentence) although; in spite of the fact that… （用于句首）虽然，尽管
While I am willing to help, I do not have much time available.
While (he is) respected, he is not liked. 他虽受人尊敬，却不受人喜爱。
write (sb) back; write back (to sb): write sb a letter replying to their letter（给某人）写回信，复信
I’m afraid I never wrote back. 我恐怕从未写过回信。
She wrote back saying that she couldn’t come. 她回信说她来不了。
I wrote back accepting their offer. 我回信表示接受他们的提议。
4. overseas: (Line 13) (ad) in or to a country across the sea; abroad 在国外，在海外
The product is sold both at home and overseas. 这个产品行销国内外。
This is Obama’s first visit overseas since taking office. 这是奥巴马就职后的首次海外之行。 live/work/go overseas 在国外生活/工作；出国
overseas : (adj) coming from or happening abroad 外国的，海外的
overseas markets/trade 海外市场，海外贸易
overseas students/visitors 海外/外国留学生，海外/外国游客
5. During the difficult days of war, her letters nourished him and give him courage. (Para. 3) Meaning: During the difficult days of war, her letters gave him strength and courage.
Here, the verb “nourish” is used metaphorically, meaning “maintain, encourage, strengthen sth”. Nourish: allow a feeling, an idea, etc. to develop or grow stronger 培养，助长（情绪、观点等） By investing in education, we nourish the talents of our children.
Letters of love only nourished her longing for him. 情书只是增加了她对他的思念。
University study nourished his ability to think critically. 大学学习培养了他的批判性思维能力。
6. But when he asked her for a photo, she declined his request. (Para. 4)
Meaning: But when he asked her for a photo, she refused politely.
decline: ① refuse a request or offer, usually politely 谢绝，婉言拒绝
I offered to give them a lift but they declined. 我主动邀请他们搭车，但他们婉言谢绝了。 Their spokesman declined to comment on the allegations.
decline an offer/invitation 谢绝对方的主动帮助/邀请
② (v.) become smaller, fewer, weaker, etc. 减少，下降，衰弱，衰退
The number of tourists to the resort declined by 10% last year.
Her health was declining rapidly. 她的健康状况迅速恶化。
7. Either way, I would forbid myself from loving you. (Para. 4)
Meaning: In either situation, I would keep myself from loving you.
forbid: (vt) order sb not to do sth: order that sth must not be done 禁止，不准
Her father forbade the marriage. 她父亲不允许这桩婚事。
You are all forbidden to leave. 你们都不准离开。
He forbade them from mentioning the subject again. 他不准他们再提到这个问题。
8. One minute to six … Blandford’s heart leaped. (Para. 5)
Meaning: The time was one minute to six o’clock … Blandford was so excited that his heart beat fast.
9. fancy: (Line 34) (n) [sing.] a feeling of liking sb or sth 喜爱，迷恋
Take a fancy to sb/sth: (esp BrE) start liking sb/sth, often without an obvious reason 喜欢上，爱上（常指没有明显原因）
I have taken a fancy to that dress.
10. She was standing almost directly behind the girl, a woman well past forty, and a fossil to his young eyes, her hair sporting patches of gray. (Para. 10)
Meaning: The woman who he thought was Hollis Meynell was standing just behind the girl. The woman, in her forties, was quite old in his young eyes and she had patches of gray hair.
sport: wear sth or have hair in a particular style; have or wear sth in a proud way so that everyone can see 惹人注目地穿戴，触目地蓄着（胡须），故意显示，夸示，炫耀
sport a beard / a diamond ring / a flower in your buttonhole
Summer or winter he sports a white suit.
Many of them sported beards and moustaches.
11. She was more than fat; her thick legs shook as they moved. (Para. 10)
Meaning: She was very fat, so her thick legs shook as they moved.
more than: very; extremely 十分，非常
This expression is often followed by an adjective to show that the adjective itself is not adequate enough to modify the subject.
I’m more than happy (= extremely happy) to take you there in my car.
She was more than a little shaken (= extremely shaken) by the experience.
12. vanish: (Line 43) (vi) disappear or go suddenly out of sight （莫名其妙地）突然消失 The magician vanished in a puff of smoke. 魔术师在一股烟雾中突然不见了。
My glasses seem to have vanished. 我的眼镜似乎不翼而飞了。
He seems have vanished without trace. 他似乎消失得无影无踪。
13. compress (sth) (into sth): (Line 44) press or squeeze sth together or into a smaller space; be pressed or squeezed in this way（被）压紧，压缩
compress sth (into sth): reduce sth and fit it into a smaller space or amount of time 精简，浓缩，压缩
She compresses her nostrils. 她捏紧鼻孔。
Her lips compressed into a thin line. 他的双唇抿成了一道缝。
The main arguments were compressed into one chapter. 主要的论证被压缩进了一个章节。
He compresses a lifetime as a soldier into a few sentences. 他把一生的戎马生涯压缩成几句话。
14. … yet so deep was his longing for the woman whose spirit had truly companioned and brought warmth to his own… (Para. 11)
Meaning: … but his wish to meet this woman, whose spirit had truly been with him and made him feel warm, was so strong…
longing: (Line 46) n. [C,U] ～ (for sb/sth)︱ ～ (to do sth): a strong feeling of wanting sth/sb （对…的）渴望，热望
a longing for home/peace 对故乡的思念，对和平的渴望
The young writer has a strong longing for fame. 那位青年作家强烈渴望出名。
She was filled with longing to hear his voice again. 她热切希望再听到他的声音。
15. resist: (Line 49) refuse to accept sth and try to stop it from happening; prevent oneself from having or doing sth 抵制，阻挡；忍住，抗拒，
They are determined to resist pressure to change the law. 他们决心顶住要求改革法律的压力。 The bank strongly resisted cutting interest rates. 银行强烈反对降低利率。
I found the temptation to miss the class too hard to resist. 我抵挡不住逃课的诱惑。
3. Post-reading Activities
Ask the Ss to discuss the following questions:
1. If you were John Blandford, would you invite the forty-year-old lady to dinner? Why or why not?
2. Do you think love needs testing? Give your reasons.
Review the key points of Section A
Finish the exercises after class
Finish online homework
在课堂教学中表现出了扎实的教学基本功和丰富的教学经验，并展示出了教师关爱学生、循循善诱等方面的教学特点。特别是在知识的引入过程中，十分注重启发学生思维，并在这一过程中努力提高学生的想象力和益友语言知识的运用能力。 教学环节设计安排清晰明了，过渡自然。 能结合学校分组分享教学法和英语教学的学科特点，有效开展分组活动。 学生能够积极参与，并能充分运用所学语言知识进行英语表达；合理运用教学资源方面做得比较好。
教师能组织学生开展教学活动。 每个教学环节在开展教学活动的时候，能够清晰准确地交代教学任务。 认真备课，精心进行教学设计，课堂思路清晰，教学目标明确。教师关注问题导入，学生积极主动参与，课堂气氛活跃。教师教学目标明确，教学过程思路清晰，传授知识的量适中，突出重点，教学目标达成。加强情感交流，注重教学互动。点评学生把握很好。引人自然、合理，学生容易接受。 教学过程由浅到深，易于学生循序渐进地掌握知识点。将语法点与例句相结合，生动形象，从而达到事半功倍的效果。教师的板书思维严密，逻辑性强，浅显易懂。便于带动学生的思维跟着教师走。教师给学生更多的鼓励，培养了学生的学习兴趣。 师生互动活跃，从而带动了课堂的学习气氛。充分利用教学资源，计算机辅助教学模式，有效的提高了课堂效率。层层深入，逐步加深学生对课文理解。＋ 更多类似范文