TPO 32 ARCH’S VERSION IN INDEPENDENT WRITING:
The new generation has always been regarded as a group of obedient and dependent children as they were raised in a safe and peaceful social environment. Thus, some hold the view that the young may have no impact on future decisions that are crucial in modern society. However, I am not in favor of this statement.
First, the newest knowledge and technology are on the hands of the young generations. In order to make any progress, modern society cannot leave the support from science. In the following century, we thus should spend more on education of children so there will be more possibilities to invent some ways of improving people's life. Only by relying on the young's talent can our society find some way to combat the cancer, pollution, and traffic problem. Hence, I believe the young now is playing an important role in change our current society.
Second, the young is the mainstream of who will live in the future. For this reason, it is not reasonable that they should not have any influence but just follow the old pattern. We all need passion, new idea, and hope. Actually, we can also see many new ideas that put forward by young people are getting more acceptance in today's world. Nowadays, many protests and regimes in different nations are indeed organized by the new generation, including the publicizing the homosexual marriage and animal right.
Lastly, the world is becoming more and more complicated. So many new ideas need to be created in the new people. For example, although we all know the importance of recycling waste, the young have more need to do so as they know how it works while the old may hardly understand the mechanism underlying the fact. What is more, changing the habit of classifying the waste is also easier for the young than for the elderly.
Hence, I support that the idea the young actually are playing a growing important role in this changing world’s future direction as they are more intelligent, dominant and energetic.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
With the development of society, people nowadays are living in a relatively complete mechanism, yet some tiny but important aspects, which may be overlooked, need to be ameliorated by discussion. Some people may argue that youth seems to have on influence on current society, however, in my opinion, youth should still be taken into consideration when determining the future of the society in the long time run.
Firstly, young people play a major role in improving the development of current society. For one thing, there are some special tasks, which are not only inevitable in its area but also needs high requirements of physical condition and cannot be accomplished by old people. For instance, when enrolling pilots, no matter for military affairs or civil aviation, it is strict with requirements of physical condition like eyesight and height, which old people may not satisfy. For another, young people also promote economic increase to some degree. Many enterprises aim at expanding the market of youth by developing more products, which largely increase the purchasing power of youth. And this method achieves big success especially in the electronic market.
Additionally, young people directly guide future direction of our society. As youth possess creativity coming up with ideas, which sometimes seem to be ridiculous, it's entirely possible that one of those "wired idea" become breakthrough in a specific area. For instance, Steve Jobs, who has been described as the "Father of the Digital Revolution", once said he would like to invent a smartphone containing only one key. It was such a brave and creative idea and cannot be realized at that time. However, after continuously research, iphone, which guide a new period of communication, came out.
Admittedly, despite older people are more experienced than youth, and are more possible to come up with more feasible and reasonable ideas when confronting difficulties, yet youth represent creativity, bravery and confidence, which are all inevitable during the process of the development of the society. Moreover, experience is based on accumulation of time and lessons, as older people also have no experience when they were young. Hence, blindly overlooking the important influence of youth, will finally lead to unexpected negative consequences.
Overall, youth represent the future of the society, and have potential influence to the society from the aspect of future development.
注：1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement均简化为agree or disagree;
2.末句Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer均已删掉。
1. agree or disagree: At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support.（学校教育）
2. agree or disagree: Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people. （品质：诚实）
3. agree or disagree: It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends. （交友）
4. agree or disagree: In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today. （交通工具）
5. agree or disagree: People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment - doing things they like to do - rather than doing things they should do. （生活）
6. agree or disagree: Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children. （生活）
7. agree or disagree: It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts. （教育：学生）
8. agree or disagree: Television advertising directed towards young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed. （广告：电视广告）
9. agree or disagree: Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past. （科技：孩子创造性）
10. agree or disagree: Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them. （科技：电脑游戏）
11. Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? （科技：因特网利弊）
12. agree or disagree: It is better to have broad knowledge of many academic subjects than to specialize in one specific subject. （教育：知识门类）
13. agree or disagree: The extended family (grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles) is less important now than it was in the past. （家庭）
14. agree or disagree: People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries. （旅游）
15. agree or disagree: In order to become financially responsible adults, children should learn to manage their own money at young age. （家庭教育）
16. agree or disagree: The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide. （旅游）
17. agree or disagree: Most advertisements make products seem much better then they really are. （广告）
18. agree or disagree: Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends. （教育&交友）
19. agree or disagree: In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many different news resources. （搜集信息）
20. agree or disagree: Successful people try new things and take risks rather than only doing what they know how to do well. （成功人士）
21. agree or disagree: For success in a future job, the ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school. （成功：能力or努力学习）
22. agree or disagree: Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom. （教育：老师）
23. agree or disagree: In today’s world, it is more important to work quickly and risk making mistakes than to work slowly and make sure that everything is correct.（工作）
24. agree or disagree: One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.（家庭教育）
25. agree or disagree: Young people nowadays do not give enough time to helping their communities.（生活：年轻人帮助别人）
26. agree or disagree: It is better for children to choose jobs that are similar to their parents’ jobs than to choose jobs that are very different from their parents’ job.（工作&家庭）
27. agree or disagree: If people have the opportunity to get a secure job, they should take it right away rather than wait for a job that would be more satisfying.（工作）
28. agree or disagree: Parents today are more involved in their children’s education than were parents in the past.（学校教育：父母参与）
29. agree or disagree: To improve the quality of education, universities should spend money on salaries for university professors. （学校教育：教授待遇）
30. agree or disagree: It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours. （工作）＋ 更多类似范文