饼图：是所有图表题中最好写的一种，值得注意的是要处理好怎样丰富百分比的表达和“占”的表达。不要一直用数字加百分比的格式，如25%。特定的数字可以采取多样性的表达，如25%=a quarter of, 50%=half of, >50%=a,or the majority of。
曲线图：关键是把握好曲线的走向和趋势，学会general classification,即在第二段的开头部分对整个曲线进行一个阶段式的总分类，使写作层次清晰。接下来在分类描述每个阶段的specific trend,同时导入数据作为你分类的依据。注意不要不做任何说明就机械性的导入数据!可以使用一些比较native的单词和短语来描述trend。
1. Local fixed line calls were the highest throughout the period, rising from 72 billion minutes in
1995 to just under 90 billion in 1998.
2. After peaking at 90 billion the following year, these calls had fallen back to the 1995 figure by
8. 改写开头段时有两个或以上 的， 用compare 代替 show illustrate give information about Percentage =proportion categories=kinds=types families=households information=data The UK = Britain= the United Kingdom The number of +可数名词复数=the figure for+ 可数名词复数 The amount of +不可数名词单数= the figure for+不可数名词单数 Nearly 17% of the local population was from minority ethnic communities, with the figure for
children under fifteen considerably higher at 21.6%.
9. After slight increases, hydropower has fallen back to the 1980 figure.
10. Males=men females=women influence=affect=effect
11. Subway system=metro system= underground railway system=underground train system
12. Store=shop= retail
13. Three different countries=three different countries-----Japan, Sweden and the USA
14. The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kinds of meat in a
European country between.
The graph illustrates changes in the amounts of beef, lamb, chicken and fish consumed in a particular European country between 1979 and 20xx.
15. Give information about =show data about
16. It is expected to maintain this level until 2030, while the others should rise slightly after
17. This rise was particularly noticeable between 1999 and 20xx.
18. Grow(grew) steadily from 38 billion to 61 billion at the end of the period.
19. Go up increase rise grow
20. Experience an upward trend experience a downward trend
21. Jump(jumped) ; shoot up(shot up) ; surge (surged) ; soar (soared)
22. The spending on research and development soared to 2.7 million pounds in 1990.
23. Cost = expense=expenditure=school budget=consumption=spending
24. Decline(declined) ; fall(fell); drop(dropped); dip(dipped); decrease（decreased）
25. Other workers’ salaries saw a fall from 28% in 1981 to only 15% of spending in 20xx.
26. Plummet 骤然下降 plunge 急剧下降
27. The average price of tennis racquets plummeted to 79 pounds in 1990.
28. Has risen by增长了 fell by 下降了 declined by
29. In the fourth quarter of 20xx
30. Be made up of be composed of consist of comprise/be comprised of
31. 表示波动：fluctuate fluctuate between …and … fluctuation
32. Consumption has fluctuated since 1990
33. Despite some initial fluctuation, from 1995 there was a steady increase.
34. Remain stable at … level off at…hover at…维持在一个水平上
35. Its consumption levels remained stable at around 14% over the three decades.
36. Coal is predicted to increase steadily to 31q in 2030, while after 20xx, gas will remain stable
at 25 quadrillion units.
37. 表示经历了某种变化see witness experience
38. The cost of furniture and equipment saw an opposite trend. (呈现相反的趋势)
39. The unemployment rate in Europe experienced a sharp increase from 2.5% to approximately
9% in the late 1970s.
40. Peak at reach its peak at reach the highest level at
41. Reach its lowest point/level at fall to its lowest point/level at
42. Reach 表示达到多少 stand at 表示位于多少
43. Account for make up represent constitute 表示占多少份额百分比
44. This cost decreased to only 15% of total expenditure in 1991 but rose dramatically in 20xx
when it represented 23% of the school budget.
45. Commercial buildings accounted for 32% of total energy consumption in 20xx.
46. Expect predict project Something is expected/projected/predicted to
47. This is expected to continue, reaching 47q in 2030.
48. Double increase twofold increase threefold 变成原来的三倍 triple
49. Eating disorders饮食失调 in women decreased by about 50%, while the figure for men
50. This rise was particularly noticeable between 1999 to 20xx, during which time the use of
mobile phones tripled.
51. Be twice as high/long/fast/popular as… be three times as…as…
52. The average meat consumption was twice as high as the global average.
53. Almost doubled more than doubled was nearly three times as high as…
54. The gap between…as…narrows/narrowed the gad between…and…widens/widened
55. The gap between the three categories had narrowed considerably over the second half of the
56. Exceed/exceeded 后面接阿拉伯数字或者百分数 overtake/overtook后面接比较对象
57. The consumption of chicken, on the other hand, showed an upward trend, overtaking that of
lamb in 1980 and that of beef in 1989.
58. 表示急剧sharp(sharply) rapid(rapidly) dramatic(dramatically)
59. There was a dramatic increase in …
60. 表示持续 gradual(gradually) continuous(continuously) steady(steadily)
61. Increase steadily was a steady increase drop continuously by
62. 用动词continue 表示某一趋势继续
63. Despite some initial fluctuation, from 1995 there was a steady increase. This is expected to
continue, reaching 47q in 2030.
64. 表示显著的大幅度 significant substantial/substantially considerable/considerably
The consumption of fast food also declined, but much less significantly.
Significantly higher considerably faster
65. 表示小幅度 slight/slightly marginal/marginally minimal极少的 minimum最少的
66. After slight increases, rise slightly,
67. Italy’s spending on personal stereo is only marginally greater than that of Germany.
68. The impact of this on North America was minimal, with only 0.2% of land affected.
69. 表示大约 about around approximately just over just under
70. In 1940 the proportion of people aged 65 and over stood at approximately 7% in Sweden
72. From 20q and 50q respectively in 1980, gas showed an initial fall and coal a gradual increase,
with the two fuels equal between 1985 and 1990.
73. Globally, 65% of degradation is caused by too much animal grazing and tree clearance,
constituting 35% and 30% respectively.
It can be seen from the line graph that the quantities of water used for agricultural, industrial and domestic purposes all increased throughout the century.
As we can see from the line graph, the size of the audience fluctuated over the 24 hours. The size of the radio audience also experienced fluctuations over the same period.
The pie chart shows that there are four main courses of farmland becoming degraded in the world today.
75. 结论 如果题目里有total（总数）, 在结尾段写。
Overall, magazines accounted for the greatest number of sales(1696).
It is clear that there are the most people using the subway station during the early morning and early evening rush hours.
To sum up, we can see that the rate of smoking in men dropped throughout the whole period but was always at a higher level than the females figures. The rate of smoking in women increased until 1977 but then decreased for the rest of the period.
In conclusion, the underground railway systems in different cities vary a lot in the site of the system, the number of passengers served per year and in the age of the system.
Overall, the US will continue to rely on fossil fuels, with sustainable nuclear energy sources remaining relatively insignificant.
76. The most popular of ,with about …consumed per person per week.
77. In similar quantities. While much less fish was consumed (just over 50 grams).
78. Local fixed line calls were the highest throughout the period, rising from…to just under….. .
After peaking at ..the following year, these calls had fallen back the 1995 figure by 20xx.
National and international fixed line calls grew steadily from….to ….at the end of the period in question, though the growth slowed over the last two years.
There was a dramatic increase in mobile calls from…to…. This rise was particularly noticeable between …and .., during which time the use of …… tripled.
To sum up, although local fixed calls were still the most popular in 20xx, the gap between the three categories had narrowed considerably over the second half of the period in question.
79. In all three years, the greatest expenditure was on staff salaries. While other workers’
salaries saw a fall from… to only…of spending in 20xx, teachers’ pay remained the biggest cost, reaching …of total spending …and ending at….
Expenditure on resources such as …had increased to …by 1991 before decreasing to only…. by the end of the period. By contrast, the cost of….saw an opposite trend. This cost decreased to only…of total expenditure in… but rose dramatically in 20xx when it represented 23% of the school budget. Similarly, the cost of …saw a rising trend, growing
from only…to …by 20xx.
Overall, it can be seen that ….constituted the largest cost of the school budget, and while spending increased dramatically for …, there were corresponding drops in expenditure on things such as ….
80. In 1979 beef was the most popular of these foods, with about… consumed per person per
week. Lamb and chicken were eaten in similar quantities (around 150 grams), while much less fish was consumed (just over 50 grams).
However, during this 25-year period the consumption of beef and lamb fell dramatically to approximately 100 grams and 55 grams respectively. The consumption of fish also declined, but much less significantly, to just below 50 grams, so although it remained the least popular food, consumption levels were the most stable.
The consumption of chicken, on the other hand, showed an upward trend, overtaking that of lamb in 1980 and that of beef in 1989. By 20xx it had soared to almost 250 grams per person per week.
The table describes some sales figures gathered by a college bookstore for February, 1998. We can see from the table that the non-book club member figures are made up of sales to college staff, college students and members of the public. College staff bought 332 magazine, 44 fiction and 29 non-fiction books, while college students bought 1249 magazines, 194 non-fiction books and 31 fiction books. More magazines were sold to college students than any other group of customers. By contrast, although no fiction books were sold to members of the public, they bought 122 non-fiction books and 82 magazines.
82. It is clear that … we can see from the ….that it can be seen from the … that(that后面不
According to the …,…; as can be seen from the …., …..
83. The tables show data about the amount of beer and fruit juice consumed per person per
year in ten different countries.
The first table shows information on beer consumption in these ten countries. Beer is most popular in Ireland, with the average Irish drinking 155 litres per year. Germany ranks second with 119 litres per person . in fact , the top six countries in terms of consumption of beer are all European. Australia and the united states come next in seventh and eighth positions, with Netherland and Finland consuming the least beer of the countries mentioned(80 and 79 litres respectively).
The second table gives information about the quantity of fruit juice consumed per capita in these countries. Canadians drink an average of 52.6 litres each year, which makes it the country that consumes the greatest amount of fruit juice per capita among the ten countries. Another north American country , the united states, come second in the table, while German drinkers are ranked at number three, consuming an average of 38.6 litres annually. Swedes drink approximately the same quantity of fruit juice as Australians, which is 35..5 litres per year. The Finnish and British drink 33 and 29.3 litres per year respectively. With a per capita consumption of only 24.8 litres, New Zealand is placed at the bottom of the second table.
It is clear that the number of people using this station fluctuates significantly over the 16
hours. At 6 am the number of people in the station stands at 100. Then the figure rises dramatically over the next two hours, peaking at 400 at 8 am. after that, the figure drops rapidly , reaching 180 at 10 am. The period between 10 o’clock and 12 o’clcok experiences a slight rise in the number of people in the station, with the number reaching 280 at midday. The figure remains stable at just under 300 people over the following two hours. After that, the number of people in the station plunges to its lowest point of 90 by 4 pm. The next two hours sees a sharp rise, with the number of people reaching 380 at 6 pm. After 6 pm, the figure falls again. The period from 8 pm to 10 pm experiences a slight rise, but finally the number of people in the station declines again, ending at 135 at 10 pm.
85. At first =initially , then , after that, from…onwards(从某一具体事件以后)， subsequently（此
后）， afterwards（接下来）， finally.
86. the rate of smoking in women in 1960 was very low at only 80 in every 1,000. By 1968 this
number increased gradually to 170, and increased again but more steeply 陡峭的to 320 in 1977. The rate of female smokers then remained stable at 320 until 1984 at which point the figure began to decline and had dropped to 200 by 20xx.