（ ） 1. The number of people invited ______ fifty, but a number of them _______ absent for different reasons.
A. were, was B. was, was
C. was, were D. were, were
（ ） 2. E-mail, as well as telephones, ________ an important part in daily communication.
A. is playing B. have played
C. are playing D. play
（ ） 3. ______ of the land in that district ______ covered with trees and grass.
A. Two fifth, is B. Two fifth, are
C. Two fifths, is D. Two fifths, are
（ ） 4. Ten minutes ______ a long time for one who waits.
A. seem B. seems
C. seemed D. are seemed
（ ） 5. Eric is the only one of the boys who _____ a driving license.
A. has B. have
C. is having D. are having’
（ ） 6. Joy and Sorrow _____ next-door neighbours.
A. is B. are C. were D. be
（ ）7. In my opinion, some of the news _____ unbelievable.
A. are B. is C. has been D. have been
（ ）8. When ______ the United Nations founded?
A. is B. are C. was D. were
（ ）9. Every possible means _____ .
A. has tried B. has been tried
C. was tried D. were tried
（ ） 10. What she says and does _____ nothing to do with me.
A. was B. were C. has D. have
（ ）11. There _____ a dictionary and several books on the desk.
A. are B. must C. have been D. is
（ ）12. Nobody ______ seen the film. It’s a pity.
A. but Tom and Jack have B. except Tom and Jack have
C. but my friends has D. but I have
（ ）13. No teacher and no student ______．
A. are admitted B. is admitted
C. are admitting D. is admitting
（ ）14. All but one ______ here just now.
A. is B. was C. has been D. were
（ ）15. When and where to build the new factory _____ yet.
A. is not decided B. are not decided
C. has not decided D. have not decided
（ ） 16. The writer and singer ______ here.
A. is B. are C. were D. do
（ ） 17. As I have a meeting at four, ten minutes _____ all that I can spare to talk with you.
A. are B. was C. is D. were
（ ） 18. In those days John with his classmates _____ kept busy preparing for the exam.
A. is B. are
C. was D. were
（ ） 19. —— ____ your clothes?
——No, mine _____ hanging over there.
A. Is it, is B. Are these, are
C. Is it, are D. Are these, is
（ ） 20. The Smith’s family, which ____ rather a large one, ____ very fond of their old houses.
A. were, were B. was, was
C. were, was D. was, were
（ ） 21. What the teacher and the students want to say _____ that either of the countries ____ beautiful.
A. are, are B. is, is
C. are, is D. is, are
（ ） 22. He is the only one of the students who _____ a winner of scholarship for three years.
A. is B. are
C. have been D. has been
（ ） 23. _____ of my brothers are reporters. Covering events, meetings, or sports meetings ______ their duty.
A. Each, are B. Both, is
C. Neither, are D. None, is
（ ） 24. —— What do you think of the ______ of the coat?
—— It’s rather high. You can buy a cheaper one in that shop.
A. value B. cost C. price D. use
（ ） 25. —— Are the two answers correct?
—— No, ______ correct.
A. no one is B. both are not
C. neither is D. either is not
（ ） 26. The wind, together with rain and fog, _____ making sailing difficult.
A. have been B. was
C. / D/ are
41. It is necessary _______ the book to the library immediately.
A. for him to return B. that he returns C. his returning D. to him return
42. You can stay here _______ you keep quiet.
A. unless B. however C. so long as D. but
43. “ Is the television bothering you?” It certainly is. I’d like it _______ off.
A. turning B. to turn C. turned D. to turned
44. The number of students who failed in English _______ 50 percent.
A. have decreased B. has decreased C. decreasing D. are decreased
45. Do you remember _______ to Mr. Smith during your last visit?
A. to introduce B. having introduced C. being introduced D. to have
46. There are many problems _______ at the next meeting.
A. solved B. to be solved C. solving D. having been solved
47. _______ today, he would get there on Friday.
A. Was he leaving B. If he leaves C. Were he to leave D. If he is leaving
48. Fighting between these two countries continues because neither side would give way to
A. each other B. the other C. another D. other
49. It was between 1920 and 1930 ______ television was invented in America.
A. when B. which C. that D. in which
50. _______ with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain doesn’t seem high at all.
A. When compared B. Compare C. While comparing D.
51. This is the most exciting football game that he has ever watched, _______?
A. has he B. hasn’t he C. is it D. isn’t it
52. _______ whether they have come to any decision at the meeting.
A. This is not known B. What is not known C. It is not known D. Which is not
53. So late _______ in the town that all the buses had stopped running.
A. he arrived B. arrived he C. did he arrive D. he did arrive
54. She likes to take a walk in the park, _______ is pretty good for a woman of 75.
A. which B. where C. what D. it
55. The design of this VCD player is far better than _______.
A. yours B. your C. that of yours D. your one
56. When the police broke the door open they found the young man _______ badly wounded
on the floor.
A. to lie B. to have lain C. lying D. being lying
57. By the year 20xx, scientists probably _______ a cure for cancer.
A. will be discovering B. will have discovered C. are discovering D.
58. According to _______ I have been told they should move in within the net two weeks.
A. that B. what C. it D. which
59. The law requires that everyone _______ his car checked at least every month.
A. have B. has C. had D. must have
60. I tried _______ her flowers but it didn’t have any effect.
A. send B. to send C. sending D. to be sent
Key: 41. A 42. C 43. C 44. B 45. C 46. B 47. C 48. B 49. C 50. A
51. D 52. C 53. C 54. A 55. C 56. C 57. B 58. B 59. A 60. C
英语世界 20xx-09-27 08:28:53 阅读176 评论0 字号：大中小
41. _______ arrived at the village than the rain began to fall.
A. Hardly had we B. No sooner we had C. Hardly we had D. No sooner had we
42. Were it not for television, we _______ things happen in other places at the moment they
A. can not see B. could not see C. will not see D. did not see
43. When I _______ into a new house, I will let you know.
A. will move B. moved C. had moved D. move
44. Last week he promised that he _______ today, but he hasn’t arrived yet.
A. is coming B. was coming C. would have come D. comes
45. A: What has happened to George? B. I don’t know. He _______ lost.
A. may get B. can get C. can have got D. may have got
46. He taught himself advanced mathematics as a child. He _______ a very intelligent boy.
A. must have been B. must be C. should have been D. should be
47. I forgot _______ her that my coat buttons need to be sewn on.
A. reminding B. having reminded C. to remind D. to have reminded
48. _______ she had bought turned out to be useless.
A. That B. What C. Which D. As
49. It is no good _______ today’s work for tomorrow.
A. to leave B. leaving C. that you leave D. leave
50. The teacher’s lecture was three hours long and students felt very _______.
A. boring B. bored C. boredom D. bore
51. This is the material _______ in the laboratory tomorrow morning.
A. tested B. testing C. being tested D. to be tested
52. I haven’t decided which hotel _______.
A. to stay B. is to stay at C. to stay at D. is for staying
53. When he awoke, he found himself _______ by an old women.
A. looked after B. looking after C. being looked after D. be looking after
54. _______ on the road, the car was stopped.
A. Having seen a bomb B. Seeing a bomb C. The driver seeing a bomb D.
To have seen a bomb
55. Tom like to go to the movies _______ Mary prefers to go swimming.
A. at the same time B. as soon as C. as long as D. while
56. Take your raincoat with you _______ it rains.
A. in case of B. in the case on C. in the case D. in case
57. _______ the consequence is, I will be on your side.
A. No matter when B. Wherever C. No matter how D. Whatever
58. At no time and in no circumstances _______ place his personal interest first.
A. should a man B. should a man not C. a man should D. a man should not
59. At the meeting some were in favour of my proposal and _______ were not.
A. other B. the other C. another D. others
60. Her aunt, along with her two cousins _______ that she stay with them one more day.
A. requests B. requesting C. request D. is requested
Key: 41. D 42. B 43. D 44. B 45. D 46. A 47. C 48. B 49. B 50. B
51. D 52. C 53. C 54. C 55. D 56. D 57. D 58. A 59. D 60. A
英语世界 20xx-09-27 08:35:05 阅读54 评论0 字号：大中小
41. When she got home, her husband _______ the dinner.
A. has already prepared B. has already prepared
C. will have already prepared D. had already been prepared
42. You have not yet answered my question _______ you have decided on the investment.
A. that B. whether C. which D. what
43. It’s a great honour for him _______ a congressman a week ago.
A. to elect B. to be elected C. to have elected D. to have been elected
44. He has a large collection of books, _______ are written in foreign languages.
A. many ones of which B. many of which C many books of which D. many
45. This is one of the experiments _______ on at the moment in our laboratory.
A. being carried B. carried C. carrying D. to carry
46. The president will see you on Saturday, _______ he will have more time to spend with
A. which B. where C. when D. if
47. The English of this composition is excellent. He _______ it himself.
A. can’t have written B. won’t have written C. mustn’t have written D.
shouldn’t have written
48. The caveman worried about _______ by a bear while he was asleep, or about _______ of
hunger, which few people worry much about today.
A. to be eaten…dying B. being eaten…dying C. being eaten… to die D. to
be eaten…to die
49. “I’d like to buy a good camera.” “Well, we have several models _______.”
A. to choose from B. to choose C. to be chosen D. for choosing
50. I must get _______ about the subject before I write this article.
A. few information B. little information C. a few more information D. a little
51. Rose told me all _______ to Oliver and I was shocked about it.
A. what happened B. that had happened C. which had happened D. had happened
52. No sooner _______ the telephone began to ring.
A. had he come back home than B. he had come back home when
C. did he come back home than D. he came back home when
53. I meant to tell you about it, but I forgot ________.
A. to do so B. doing so C. to have done so D. to be done so
54. _______ rich one may be, there is always something one needs.
A. Whatever B. Whenever C. However D. Wherever
55. I can’t understand _______ to go to the meeting.
A. them to be forbidden B. they being forbidden C. their being forbidden D.
their to be forbidden
56. Only since World War II _______ jet engines _______.
A. have…widely used B. are…widely used C. have been…widely used D.
have…been widely used
57. _______ from the top of the hill, the town looks beautiful.
A. Seeing B. Having seen C. Seen D. To see
58. It is important that the machine _______ checked before it is started.
A. must be B. be C. is D. has been
59. The manager as well as the other clerks in the office _______ not allowed to have
_______ hair cut during the office hours.
A. is…his C. has…his
60. According to the report the automobile company _______ 200 thousand cars by 2060.
A. will produce B. has produced C. will have produced D. had produced
Key: 41. B 42. B 43. D 44. B 45. A 46. C 47. A 48. B 49. A 50. D
51. B 52. A 53. A 54. C 55. C 56. D 57. C 58. B 59. A 60. C＋ 更多类似范文