27. It’s no use ______ without taking action. （动词）
A. complain B. complaining C. being complained D. to be complained
28. I ______ worry about my weekend—I always have my plans ready before it comes. （情态）
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. daren’t D. needn’t
31. After getting lost in a storm, a member of the navy team ______ four days later. （动词 时态）
A. rescued B. was rescued C. has rescued D. had been rescued
32. The rare fish, ______ from the cooking pot, has been returned to the sea.
A. saved B. saving C. to be saved D. having saved
33. At one point I made up my mind to talk to Uncle Sam. Then I changed my mind, ______ that he could do nothing to help. （动词 现在分词）
A. to realize B. realized C. realizing D. being realized
34. Did you predict that many students ______ up for the dance competition? （动词）
A. would sign B. signed C. have signed D. had signed
40. Today we have chat rooms, text messaging, emailing… but we seem ______ the art of communicating face-to-face. （动词 不定式）
A. losing B. to be losing C. to be lost D. having lost （20xx年7题）
28. Every few years, the coal workers their lungs X-rayed to ensure their health.（时态）
A. are having B. have C. have had D. had had
29. ---Sorry, Professor Smith. I didn't finish the assignment yesterday.
have done it as yesterday was the deadline.（情态动词）
A. must B. mustn't C. should D. shouldn't
will be open to tourists soon. The work is almost finished.（时态与语态）
A. has restored B. has been restored C. is restoring D. is being restored
A. find B. found C. to find D. finding
with her stories.（过去分词）
A. amused B. amusing C. to amuse D. to be amused
the city center, we saw a stone statue of about 10 meters in height.
A. Approaching B. Approached C. To approach D. To be approached（现在分词）
40. That is the only way we can imagine the overuse of water in students' bathrooms. （不定式）
A. reducing B. to reduce C. reduced D. reduce
27. It ______ have been Tom that parked the car here, as he is the only one with a car. (情态动词)
A. may B. can C. must D. should 29. Mary went to the box office at lunch time, but all the tickets ______ out. (时态)
A. would sell B. had sold C. have sold D. was selling 31. A small plane crashed into a hillside five miles east of the city, _____ all four people on board. (现在分词)
A. killed B. killing C. kills D. to kill
33. With the government’s aid, those ______ by the earthquake have moved to the new settlements. (过去分词)
A. affect B. affecting C. affected D. were affected 35. Bill suggested ______ a meeting on what to do for the Shanghai Expo during the vacation. (动名词)
A. having held B. to hold C. holding D. hold
36. During the period of recent terrorist activities, people _______ not to touch any unattended bag. (时态与语态)
A. had always been warned B. were always being warned
C. are always warning D. always warned 39. David threatened ______ his neighbor to the police if the damages were not paid. (不定式)
A. to be reported B. reporting C. to report D. having reported （20xx年7题）
28. — Do you know if Terry will go camping this weekend?
—Terry? Never! She ______tents and fresh air! （时态）
A. has hated B. hated C. will hate D. bates
29. According to the air traffic rules, you ______switch off your mobile phone before bearding. （情态动词）
A. may B. can C. would D. should
30. My sister, an inexperienced rider, was found sitting on the bicycle ______to balance it.（现在分词短语 表伴随状况）
A. having tried B. trying C. to try D. tried
32. In recent years many football clubs ______as business to make a profit. （时态与语态）
A. have run B. have been run C had been run D. will run
33. If there's a lot of work______, I'm happy to just keep on until it is finished. （不定式 作后置定语）
A. to do B. to be doing C. done D. doing
35. Something as simple as ______some cold water may clear your mind and relieve pressure. （动名词短语 作主语）
A. to drink B. drinking C to be drinking D. drunk
37. Ideally ______for Broadway theatres and Firth Avenue, the New York Park hotel is a favourite with many guests. （过去分词短语 作原因状语）
A. locating B. being located C. having been located D. located
28. --- Did you tidy your room?
--- No, I was going to tidy my room but I _____ visitors. （动词 时态）
A. had B. have C. have had D. will have
29. --- Guess what! I have got A for my term paper.
--- Great! You _____ read widely and put a lot of work into it. （情态动词）
A. must B. should C. must have D. should have
30. With the help of high technology, more and more new substances _____ in the past years.（动词）
A. discovered B. have discovered
C. had been discovered D. have been discovered
34. After a knock at the door, the child heard his mother’s voice _____ him. （动词）
A. calling B. called C. being called D. to call
35. There is nothing more I can try ______ you to stay, so I wish you good luck.
A. being persuaded B. persuading C. to be persuaded D. to persuade
36. The Town Hall _____ in the 1800’s was the most distinguished building at that time.
A. to be completed B. having been completed
C. completed D. being completed
41. At minus 130 C, a living cell can be _____ for a thousand years.
A. spared B. protected C. preserved D. developed
25.Graduation is a good time to thank those who have helped you ______ the tough years. A. through B. up C. with D. from
A. between B. along C. below D. with
25. Four Chinese models were ______ the 14 people awarded prizes on Friday at the World Supermodel Competition.
A. among B. between C. along D. beside
25. The two sportsmen congratulated each other ______ winning the match by shaking hands.
A. with B. on C. in D. To
25. Leaves are found on all kinds of trees, but they differ greatly _____ size and shape.
A. on B. from C. by D. in
25. To stay awake, he finished a cup of coffee and ordered ______.
A. the other B. other C. the others D. another
27. If our parents do everything for us children, we won't learn to depend on A. themselves B. them C. us D. ourselves