常用英语总结

What are you trying to say?(你到底想说什么?)

Don't be silly.(别胡闹了。)

How strong are your glasses?(你近视多少度?)

Just because.(没有别的原因。)

It isn't the way I hoped it would be.(这不是我所盼望的。) You will never guess.(你永远猜不到。)

No one could do anything about it.(众人对此束手无措。) I saw something deeply disturbing.(深感事情不妙。)

Money is a good servant but a bad master.(要做金钱的主人,莫做金钱的奴隶。)

I am not available.(我正忙着)

Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.(脑中的知识比手中的金钱更重要)

Never say die. it's a piece of cake.别泄气,那只是小菜一碟。 Don't worry.you'll get use to it soon.别担心,很快你就会习惯的。 I konw how you feel.我明白你的感受。

You win some.you lose some.胜败乃兵家常事。

Don't bury your head in the sand.不要逃避现实。

I didn't expect you to such a good job.我没想到你干得这么好。 You are coming alone well.你做得挺顺利。

She is well-build.她的身材真棒。

You look neat and fresh.你看起来很清纯。

You have a beautiful personality.你的气质很好。

You flatter me immensely.你过奖啦。

You should be slow to judge others.你不应该随意评论别人。

I hope you will excuse me if i make any mistake.如有任何错误,请你原谅

It was most careless of me.我太粗心了。

It was quite by accident.真是始料不及。

I wish i had all the time i'd ever wasted,so i could waste it all over again.我希望所有被我浪费的时间重新回来,让我再浪费一遍。 I like you the way you were.我喜欢你以前的样子。

You two go ahead to the movie without me,i don't want to be a third wheel.你们两个自己去看电影吧,我不想当电灯泡。

Do you have anyone in mind? 你有心上人吗?

How long have you known her?你认识她多久了?

It was love at first sight.一见钟情

I'd bettle hit the books.我要复习功课啦。

a piece of one's mind .直言不讳

He gave me a piece of mind, "Don't shift responsibility onto others."他责备道:“不要把责任推卸到别人身上。”

a cat and dog life 水火不容的生活

The husband and his wife are always quarrelling, and they are leading a

cat and dog life.这对夫妇老是吵架,相互之间水火不容。 a dog's life 潦倒的生活

The man lived a dog's life.这个人生活潦倒。

A to Z 从头至尾

I know that from A to Z. 我很了解这件事。

above somebody 深奥

Well, this sort of talk is above me.我不懂你们在讲什么。

all ears 全神贯注地倾听着

When you tell Mary some gossip, she is all ears.跟Mary讲一些小道消息,她会听地仔仔细细。

all the more 更加,益发

You'll be all the better for a holiday.度一次假,对你会更有好处。 all dressed up 打扮得整整齐齐

She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.她打扮得整整齐却无处炫耀。 all in all 总的说来;最心爱的东西

The daughter is all in all to him.女儿是他的无价宝。

all out 竭尽全力

They went all out.他们鼓足了干劲。

all over 全部结束;浑身,到处

Glad, it is all over.这事全部结束了,好得很。

I'm wet all over.我浑身都湿了。

all set 准备就绪

He is all set for an early morning start.他已做好清晨出发的一切准备。 all you have to do 需要做得是

All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.你需要做得是静下心来等好消息。

as easy as falling of a log /as easy as snapping your fingers /as easy as ABC 容易得很

To me, a good story teller, it would be as easy as falling of a log. 对我来说,讲个故事还不是随手拈来。

as busy as a bee 非常忙

Mum is always as busy as a bee in the morning.妈妈每天早上都忙得不可开交。

at one's fingertips 了如指掌

How to get at that little island is at his fingertips.他知道怎么去那个小岛。

at one's wit's end 智穷

Don't ask him. It is also at his wit's end.不要问他了,他也不知道。 big shot 大人物,大亨

He is a big shot in our little town.

black sheep 败家子,害群之马

Every family has a black sheep.家家有本难念的经。

black and blue 遍体鳞伤

The thief was caught of red-handed and beaten black and blue.那个小偷

当场被抓住并被打得青一块紫一块的。

black and white 白纸黑字

The proof is in black and white and the murderer has no any excuses.证据确凿,凶手再也无话可说。

blind alley 死胡同

You are heading into a blind alley.你正在钻牛角尖。

blow hot and cold 摇摆不定A

 

第二篇:常用英语俚语总结

常用英语俚语小汇总 注意应用场合和对象http://edu.QQ.com 00xx年x月x日00:00 来源:自定义来源 QQ论坛英语俚语是一种非正式的语言,通常用在非正式的场合,所以在用这些俚语是一定要考虑到所用的场合和对象,最好不要随意用这些俚语。下面是一些常用的俚语。

a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush 一鸟在手,胜似二鸟在林

a blank slate 干净的黑板(新的一页,新的开始)

a bone to pick 可挑剔的骨头(争端,不满)

a cat nap 打个盹儿

a ouch potato 躺椅上的马铃薯(懒鬼)

a headache 头痛(麻烦事)

a knock out 击倒(美得让人倾倒)

a load off my mind 心头大石落地

a pain in the neck 脖子疼(苦事)

a piece of cake 一块蛋糕(小菜一碟,易事一件)

a shot in the dark 盲目射击(瞎猜)

a sinking ship 正在下沉的船

a slap in the face 脸上挨了一耳光(公然受辱)

a social butterfly 社交蝴蝶(善于交际,会应酬的人)

a thorn in someone''s side 腰上的荆棘(芒刺在背)

a turn coat 反穿皮袄的人(叛徒)

a weight off my shoulders 放下肩头重担

an ace up my sleeve 袖里的王牌

ants in one''s pants 裤裆里有蚂蚁(坐立不安)

back in the saddle重上马鞍(重整旗鼓)

back on track重上轨道(改过自新)

backfire逆火(弄巧成拙,适得其反)

ball and chain 铁球铁链,甜蜜的枷(老婆)

beat a dead horse 鞭打死马令其奔驰(徒劳)

beaten by the ugly stick 被丑杖打过(生得难看)

bet your life 把命赌上(绝对错了)

better half 我的另一半

big headed 大脑袋(傲慢,自大)

bigger fish to fry 有更大的鱼要炸(有更重要的事要办)

bite the bullet 咬子弹(强忍痛苦)

birds of a feather flock together 羽毛相同的鸟总飞成一群(物以类聚)

blow up in you face 在眼前爆炸(事情完全弄砸了)

break a let 折断一条腿(表演真实,演出成功)

break the ice 破冰(打破僵局)

brown nose 讨好,谄媚

bull in a china shop 瓷器店里的蛮牛(笨拙的人,动辄弄坏东西的人)

burst your bubble 扎破泡泡(打破人的幻想,煞风景)

bury one's head in the sand把头埋在沙里(自欺欺人)

butterflies in my stomach肚里有只蝴蝶(心里紧张,七上八下)

buy the farm买下农场(归道山,死了)

cash in my chips兑换筹码(睡觉,就寝)

circle the wagons把篷车围成一圈(严阵以待)

clean up one's act自我检点,自我改进

come down in sheets整片整片地下(倾盆大雨)

cross the line 跨过线(做得太过分了)

cross that bridge when we come to it 到了桥头就过桥(船到桥头自然直) cut to the chase 抄捷径去追猎物(不绕圈子,开门见山,单刀直入) daily grind 例行苦事,每天得干的苦工

days are numbered 来日无多

dead center 正当中

dead-end street 死路,死巷子

domino effect 骨牌效应

down to the wire 最后关头

down under 南边(常指面半球的澳洲)

downhill from here 从此都是下坡路(自此每况愈下)

drop the ball 掉了球(失职)

empty nest 空巢(儿女长大离家)

get hitched 拴起来(结婚)

get off on the wrong foot 起步便错(第一印象不佳)

get the ball rolling 让球滚起来(动起手来)

goose bumps 鸡皮疙瘩

hit the road 上路

hold your horses 勒住你的马(慢来)

hang somebody out to dry 把……晾起来了(把……坑苦了)

in one''s back pocket 在某人裤子后口袋里(是某人的囊中之物) in the dark 在黑暗中(茫然,什么也不知道)

in the spotlight 站在聚光灯圈里(出风头)

it''s Greek to me 希腊文(天书)

joined at the hip 连体婴(死党,从不分开的两个人)

jump the gun 枪未响先偷跑(抢先)

kick the bucket 踢水桶(翘辫子)

kill two birds with one stone一 箭双雕,一举两得

last straw 最后一根稻草

left a bitter taste in one''s mouth 留下满嘴苦味(留下不愉快的回忆) light a fire under your butt 在屁股下点一把火(促其行动)

light at the end of the tunnel 隧道末端的光(一线希望)

like shooting fish in a barrel 桶里射鱼(瓮中捉鳖)

ling winded 长舌,碎嘴

Monday morning quarterback 星期一早晨的四分卫(马后炮)

my old man 我的老头(我父亲)

out of the pan and into the fire 跳出锅里,掉进火里(每况愈下) plenty of other fish in the sea 海里的鱼多得很(天涯何处无芳草) poker face #9@k面孔(喜怒不形于色)

pop the question 提出大问题(求婚)

pot calling the kettle black 锅嫌壶黑(五十步笑百步)

punch your lights out 揍得你两眼发黑

put all of one''s eggs in one basket 鸡蛋都放在一个篮子里(孤注一掷) put one''s foot in one''s mouth 把脚丫放进嘴里(说错话了)

rob the cradle 劫摇篮(老牛吃嫩草)

skate on thin ice 在薄冰上滑冰(如履薄冰,身历险境)

skeleton in one''s closet 壁橱里的骷髅(不可告人的事)

skin and bones 皮包骨

sleep on it 睡在上面(考虑一晚上)

small talk 寒喧,闲聊

smooth sailing 一帆风顺

stab in the back 背后插刀(遭人暗算)

stallion 千里驹(貌美体健的男人)

stud 种马(貌美体健的男人)

swing for the fence 打全垒打

take a hike 走路(滚蛋)

until you are blue in the face 干到脸发青(也是白干)

unwind 放松发条(轻松下来)

up for grabs 大家有份

up in the air 挂在空中(悬而未决)

when hell freezes over 地狱结冰(绝不可能的事)

weed out 除去杂草(淘汰)

well rounded全 能,全才

when pigs fly 猪飞的时候(绝不可能)

not lift a finger 连手指都不动一动(袖手旁观)

wrapped around his/her little finger 化为绕指柔(玩弄于股掌之间)

 

第三篇:用英文写年终总结

用英文写年终总结

身在外企的你可能不可避免要用英语做文章,那么一篇好的英文个人工作总结要怎么入手呢?六步帮你轻松搞定!

Six-Step Process to Conducting a Year-End Review of六步写好年终个人工作总结

The end of the year is often a time of many events --wrapping up business for the year while also wrapping holiday presents. This article presents something you can give to yourself --something that you can get done during the holiday lull or over some vacation days --a quick and easy process for examining what you’ve accomplished in your career this year and where you want to go with it next year.

年底事情多,一边忙着节日送礼,一边还要忙着做年终总结。你可以把这篇文字作为送给自己的一份礼物。你可以挑个节日空闲时间,或者干脆用几天假期对过去一年的工作做个回顾,同时展望一下明年的计划。

Of course, you may have already done at least some preliminary work on reviewing the year -- especially if your employer hands out year-end bonuses or conducts year-end performance reviews -- and if so, that’s a good place to start your year-end review.

你可能已经做过一些基本的回顾了,特别是在老板给你发年终奖的时候,或者是在做全年业绩汇报的时候。如果是这样的话,那就更好了,你可以在此基础上开始你的个人年终工作总结。

But unlike your on-the-job performance review, the purpose of this article is to suggest you consider conducting an even more important assessment --taking stock of your career. Now is the perfect time to review where you are, where you’ve been, and where you want to go.

但是,这个总结和你做的业绩汇报不同,它是用来观察评估你的职业生涯的,具有更重要的评估功能。现在是时候开始回顾你的职业生涯了,你现在处于什么位置,你都做过些什么,你将往何处去。

Before you begin your assessment, take a moment to ask yourself the most important question: Am I happy and fulfilled by my job and career? No matter how successful you’ve been in the past 11 months, if you are fundamentally unhappy with your work, spend the vast majority of your year-end review focusing on self-assessment and discovering your career passion. 在你开始评估之前,花点时间扪心自问一下这个最重要的问题:我的工作和职业能让我感到快乐和满足吗?如果你工作得不开心,那么无论过去一年你取得了多少成就,你都应该在年终总结中,花大力气去做自我评估并找寻你的工作热情。

Don’t rush your review. Consider using a weekend or one or more of your vacation days to reflect on your career. You don’t need to -- and probably shouldn’t --complete all six steps in one sitting. Break it up over several days if you like.

不要急着去写总结。可以用一周甚至更久去好好思考回顾一下你的职业生涯。你不需要,也最好不要一下子就把这六步全部完成。慢慢来,一步一步来。

Step One: Review Career Goals. Did you set any goals for your career this year --formally or informally? Most people have some idea of what they want to accomplish next in their careers, such as getting a promotion and/or raise or perhaps achieving better work/life balance. Setting some goals is an important activity because goals help provide the focus you need to move your career forward --and to avoid distractions or activities that may slow your career progress (or worse, devalue you). So, if you had any goals for this year, answer these questions:

第一步:回顾职业目标。今年你有没有为自己定下过职业目标,无论是正式的还是非正式的?大多数人都会为自己的职业定个目标,比如获得升职加薪,或者能更好地平衡工作和生活。设定目标是很重要的,因为它可以使你集中注意力,而不分心,或者减慢你的职业进程(甚至更坏,使你掉价)。如果你曾经为今年的工作定下过目标,那就回答以下几个问题:

* Did I achieve my career goals?

我达到我的职业目标了吗?

* Am I satisfied with what I did relative to my goals?

我对自己做的与职业目标相关的事情满意吗?

* Did anything happen to change my goals over the course of the year?

在过去的一年里,有没有什么事情改变了我的职业目标?

* How should I modify my goals for next year?

我该怎么样去完善我明年的职业目标?

Step Two: Review Your Career Year. What have you done this year? This step is about documenting your career progression and identifying key achievements. Thinking about all you’ve done over the past 11 months or so, ask yourself these questions:

第二步:回顾一年工作。你今年都做了些什么?这一步是用来理清你的职业发展过程的,并且明确你都取得了哪些重要成绩。仔细想想你过去的11个月里都做了哪些工作,或者回答下列问题:

* What have I accomplished?

我取得了哪些成绩?

* What new skills have I acquired?

我学会了什么新的技能?

* What have I learned?

我学到了些什么?

* What opportunities were gained and lost?

我得到了哪些机会,又失去了哪些机会?

* How am I better today than I was at the beginning of the year?

现在的我比今年年初的我好在了哪里?

Step Three: Develop Your Career Synopsis. Where are you in your career? Review all aspects of your career and examine where you stand at this juncture. Some questions to ask yourself:

第三步:完善你的职业概要。你处于职业生涯的什么位置?对你的职业生涯进行全面的评估,并且确定你现在所处的位置。你可以问自己下面这些问题:

* Am I where I should be in my career?

我有没有达到自己职业生涯应该达到的位置?

* What has helped or hindered my progression? 是什么帮助了或者阻碍了我的职业发展?

* Am I happy with my current employer?

我对现在的雇主是否满意?

* What are my strengths and weakness?

我的优势和劣势是什么?

Step Four: Envision Your Future. What’s your next career step? Take some time to plan for next year (and perhaps beyond), picturing the path you want your career to take. Again, here are some questions to help you:

第四步:展望你的职业前景。你职业生涯的下一步是什么?花点时间制定明年(甚至更长远)的计划,在脑中画出一幅你未来职业生涯的蓝图。这里也为你准备了一些问题:

* What do I want to be doing more of in my career? 在接下来的工作中,我要多做些什么?

* What do I want to be doing less of in my career?

在接下来的工作中,我要少做些什么?

* What’s the next step in my career?

我职业生涯的下一步是什么?

* When should I be taking this next step?

我什么时候要迈出下一步?

* What’s my ideal/ultimate career dream?

我最终的职业梦想是什么?

Step Five: Action Steps for Your Future. How will you get to that future career? Make a list of what you need to do -- career goals for the coming year --to get to where you want to be next in your career. These might be things such as building your network, gaining additional experiences, changing employers, strengthening your career brand, or pursuing additional training/education/certifications. Questions to ask yourself:

第五步:如何行动完成未来规划。你要如何完成未来职业规划?列张表,写清楚你要做些什么,也就是你明年的职业目标,你明年想要达到职业生涯的哪一阶段。这些事情包括建立你自己的交际圈,获得更多的经验,换老板,强化你的职业品牌,或者参加更多的培训、学习,多获得些资格证书。问自己这些问题:

* What do I need to prepare myself for this next step?

要达到下一步,我要做些什么准备?

* Do I need to find a new employer to make the next step?

要达到下一步,我是不是应该换一个雇主?

* How do I position myself for this next step? 对于下一步,我是如何给自己定位的?

Step Six: Share Your Career Vision. Are your career goals and action plans feasible? Schedule a meeting with your mentors and to get reactions to your plan, as well as advice for achieving it.

第六步:分享你的职业愿景。你的职业目标和行动计划是否可行?和你的导师约个时间,看看别人对你的计划作何回应,也听听他们的意见。

Final Thoughts

结语

Once you’ve completed these six steps, you should not only know yourself and your career better, but have some specific goals and action steps to help you progress along a career plan.

一旦你完成了以上六步,你不但对自己和自己的职业生涯有了一个更好的了解,而且为接下来的职业规划确定了明确的目标和行动步骤。 Another benefit from completing this year-end review is that the results from part of the analysis should assist you in updating your resume if you have not been keeping it current as the year progressed. Even if you are extremely happy with your employer, it makes sense to have a current resume for that once-in

-a-lifetime opportunity, or worse, if your employer decides its time to downsize the workforce.

相关推荐