傲慢与偏见经典台词

爱情预热—《傲慢与偏见》四种婚姻简析

20xx年5月14号晚七点,主持人陈彦儿在问源楼三楼党员之家发起了一个响应“阅读时光“的名著《傲慢与偏见》中四种婚姻简析活动,召集了一些入党积极分子参加。

活动开始时主持人就活动主题进行故事梗概的介绍,讲诉了四种婚姻(1. 夏绿蒂与柯林斯的婚姻之间实利的婚姻,2.丽迪雅与韦翰之间情欲的婚姻,3.简和宾利之间爱情至上但不积极争取的婚姻、4.伊丽莎白与达西之间有着共同思想的完满的婚姻)的类型及本质,并让与会者发表一些自己对这些婚姻爱情观的看法。然后将与会者分成4组,各自代表其中一种婚姻进行分析,再请代表进行总结。1组认为这是现在婚姻的普遍现象,2组认为这是不成熟的婚姻,必将走不到尽头,3组认为这是相亲式的结合,有其可取之处,4组认为这是最完美的结合,但毕竟现实少有。

接下来主持人让与会者联系当下社会现实,结合自身谈谈这几种婚姻。大家一致地排斥了情欲婚姻,但在相亲节目,剩男剩女大行其道的今天,大家也感到实利的婚姻及相亲式婚姻有它们存在的必然,不能一概而论。但大家还是会选择积极乐观地去迎接、面对自己的婚姻与爱情。 无论如何,爱情与婚姻是极大多数人人生必将经历的,而越来越多的人把大学当成了这其中的一个试验阶段,在大学,闭口不谈抑或视而不见那都是不可能的。而我们也

唯有一点点地使自己成长起来,以更为成熟、乐观、勇敢的态度去收获心中完满的爱情。

笔者:陈彦儿

 

第二篇:电影《傲慢与偏见》经典台词

傲慢与偏见 Pride and Prejudice

中英文剧本

Lydia! Kitty!

丽迪雅!吉蒂!

My dear Mr Bennet, have you heard? 我的好老爷班纳特,你听说了吗?

Netherfield Park is let at last. Do you not want to know who has taken it?

尼日斐花园终于租出去了 你难道不想知道是谁租去了吗?

As you wish to tell me, my dear, I doubt I have any choice in the matter.

既然你这么想告诉我,我的好太太 我只能洗耳恭听了

Kitty, what have I told you about listening at the door?

吉蒂,我以前告诉过你们不要偷听

There's a Mr Bingley arrived from the North. 是位从北部来的彬格莱先生

- Five thousand a year! - Really?

- 一年有五千磅的收入! - 真的?

- He's single! - Who's single? - 他是单身汉! - 谁是单身汉?

A Mr Bingley, apparently. Kitty! 彬格莱先生,显然 吉蒂!

How can that possibly affect them? 这关女儿们什么事?

Mr Bennet, how can you be so tiresome? 班纳特老爷 你怎么这样叫人讨厌?

You know he must marry one of them.

告诉你吧,他一定会娶 我们女儿中的一个当太太

That is his design in settling here?

他住到这儿来 就是为了这个打算的吗?

You must go and visit him at once. 你得马上去拜访拜访他

Good heavens. People. 天哪,人们

For we may not visit if you do not, as you well know, Mr Bennet. 要是你不去,叫我们怎么去? 你是知道的,班纳特

- Are you listening? You never listen. - You must, Papa! At once!

- 你在听我说话吗?你从来都不听 - 你一定要去,爸爸!马上!

There's no need. I already have. 没必要去了,我已经去过了

- You have? - When?

- 你去过了? - 什么时候?

Oh, Mr Bennet, how can you tease me so? 噢,班纳特老爷 你怎么能够这样戏弄我们?

Have you no compassion for my poor nerves? 你半点儿也不体谅我脆弱的神经

You mistake me, my dear. I have the highest respect for them.

你错怪我了,我的好太太 我非常尊重你的神经

They've been my constant companions these twenty years.

它们是我23年的老朋友了

Papa! 爸爸!

- Is he amiable? - Who? - 他亲切吗? - 谁?

- Is he handsome? - He's sure to be. - 他帅吗? - 他一定帅

With 5,000 a year, it would not matter if he had warts.

一年有五千磅的人 就算他有什么毛病也没关系啦

Who's got warts?

谁有毛病?

I will consent to his marrying whichever girl he chooses.

我倒想看看他会娶什么样的女孩

- So will he come to the ball tomorrow? - I believe so.

- 那么他明天也会去舞会吗? - 我想是的

- Mr Bennet! - [Kitty] I have to have your muslin!

- 班纳特老爷! - 我要穿你的棉布衣了!

- I'll lend you my green slippers! - They were mine.

- 我会借给你我的绿拖鞋! - 它们以前是我的

- I'll do your mending for a week. - I'll retrim your new bonnet.

- 我会为你做一星期的针线活 - 我会为你的新帽子重新装饰

Two weeks I'll do it for. 两周内我将为你做一切

[# jig]

It's not the same! It's not the same. 不一样! 不一样

I can't breathe. 我快呼吸不过来了

[girl] I think one of my toes just came off. 我想我的一个脚趾头刚失去知觉

If every man does not end the evening in love with you,

如果在今晚结束前 没有男士爱上你的话

then I'm no judge of beauty. 那我就再也不对美丽作评论了

- Or men. - No, they are far too easy to judge. - 或者男士们 - 不,它们太亲率以至于没有判断力

They're not all bad. 他们并不都那么糟糕

Humourless poppycocks, in my limited experience.

在我有限的经历中 他们都是没有一点幽默感的胡扯

One day, someone will catch your eye, 总有一天 某人会抓住你的眼睛

and then you'll have to watch your tongue. 然后你就不得不注意你的口吻了

How good of you to come. 你能来真太好了

Which of the painted peacocks is our Mr Bingley?

哪一位鲜艳的孔雀 是我们的彬格莱先生?

He's on the right. On the left is his sister. 右边的是他 左边的是他的妹妹

- The person with the quizzical brow? - That is his good friend, Mr Darcy.

- 长着奇怪眉毛的那个? - 那个是他的好朋友,达西先生

- He looks miserable, poor soul. - He may be, but poor he is not. - 他看上去挺痛苦的,可怜的人 - 他可能痛苦,但并不可怜 Tell me. 告诉我

1 0,000 a year, and he owns half of Derbyshire.

一年有一万英镑的收入 他拥有半个的德贝郡

The miserable half.

这个痛苦的半个德贝郡

[# jig]

Mr Bennet, you must introduce him to the girls immediately.

班纳特老爷,你一定要马上 把他介绍给你的女儿们

Smile at Mr Bingley. Smile. 朝彬格莱先生微笑,微笑 Mary. 曼丽

Mr Bingley, my eldest daughter you know. 彬格莱先生,我的长女,你已经认识

Mrs Bennet, Miss Jane Bennet, Elizabeth and Miss Mary Bennet.

班纳特太太,吉英·班纳特小姐 伊丽莎白还有曼丽·班纳特小姐

It is a pleasure. I have two others, but they're

already dancing.

很荣幸见到你们 我还有两个女儿,但是她们在跳舞

I'm delighted to make your acquaintance. 我很高兴能与你们相识

And may I introduce Mr Darcy of Pemberley in Derbyshire.

请允许我向你们介绍达西先生 来自德贝郡的彭布利庄园

How do you like it here in Hertfordshire? 你喜欢赫特福德郡吗?

Very much.

很喜欢

The library at Netherfield, I've heard, is one of the finest.

尼日斐的图书馆 我听说是最好的图书馆之一

It fills me with guilt. I'm not a good reader. I prefer being out of doors.

这真让我深感内疚 我不是一个好的读者,我跟喜欢户外运动

Oh, I mean, I can read, of course. 噢,我是说,我能阅读,当然

And I'm not suggesting you can't read out of doors.

我不建议你这么做 在户外是没法阅读的

[Jane] I wish I read more, but there seem to be so many other things to do.

我非常希望我能多读点书 但是总有这样那样的事情要做

[Bingley] That's exactly what I meant. 就是那个意思

Mama, Mama! You will never, ever believe

what we're about to tell you.

妈妈,妈妈!你肯定不会相信 我们要告诉你的事情

- Tell me! - She's going to take the veil. - 告诉我! - 她一定会掩饰

- The regiment are coming! - Officers? - 军团来了! - 军官们?

They're going to be stationed the whole winter, right here.

他们整个冬天将驻扎在这里,在这里!

- Officers? - As far as the eye can see. - 军官们? - 就在我们附近

[Mrs Bennet] Oh, look. Jane's dancing with Mr Bingley.

噢,瞧,吉英在和彬莱格先生在跳舞

Mr Bennet. 班纳特老爷

- Do you dance, Mr Darcy? - Not if I can help it.

- 你跳舞吗,达西先生? - 不,但是如果你想跳得话我可以带你跳

I didn't know you were coming to see me. What's the matter?

我不知道你会来这看我 出什么事了?

We are a long way from Grosvenor Square, are we not, Mr Darcy?

我们从罗夫纳酒店千里迢迢赶来的就为这? 达西先生?

I've never seen so many pretty girls. 我生平没见过今天晚上这么多可爱的姑娘们

You were dancing with the only handsome girl.

舞场上唯一漂亮的姑娘跟你在跳舞

我从来没见过如此美丽的尤物

She is the most beautiful creature I have ever beheld.

- But her sister Elizabeth is agreeable. - Perfectly tolerable.

- 但是她的妹妹伊丽莎白也很讨人喜欢阿 - 她还可以

Not handsome enough to tempt me. Return to your partner and enjoy her smiles. 但是还没漂亮到打动我的心 你还是回到你的舞伴身边去欣赏她的笑脸吧

[Darcy] You're wasting your time with me. 犯不着把时间浪费在我的身上

Count your blessings, Lizzie. If he liked you, you'd have to talk to him.

上帝保佑你,伊丽莎白 如果他喜欢你,你就要和他说说话

Precisely. 正好

I wouldn't dance with him for all of Derbyshire,

我可不愿意当着 所有德贝郡的人面和他跳舞

Iet alone the miserable half.

让这个痛苦的半个德贝郡一个人呆着吧

[# jig] Wait! 等等!

- I enjoyed that so much, Miss Lucas. - How well you dance, Mr Bingley.

- 我很喜欢这里,卢卡斯小姐 - 你跳的真好,彬莱格先生

[woman] I've never enjoyed a dance so much. 我从没这么快乐的跳舞过

My daughter Jane is a splendid dancer, is she not?

我女儿吉英的舞跳得很不错,对吧?

She is indeed. 她确实跳得很好

Your friend Miss Lucas is a most amusing young woman.

你的朋友卢卡斯小姐 是一个非常风趣的年轻女士

Oh, yes, I adore her. 噢,是的,我很崇拜她

- It is a pity she's not more handsome. - Mama!

- 可惜的是她不够漂亮 - 妈妈!

Oh, but Lizzie would never admit that she's

plain.

噢,但是伊丽莎白 从不会承诺她长很普通

Of course, it's my Jane who's considered the beauty of the county.

当然啦,我的吉英 才是这个郡最漂亮的可人儿

Mama, please! 妈妈,求求你!

When she was 1 5, a gentleman was so much in love with her,

当她还只有15岁的时候 一位绅士就深深地爱上她了

I was sure he would make her an offer. 我敢肯定他一定对她有企图

However, he did write her some very pretty verses.

无论如何,他是写过不少可爱的诗给她

And that put paid to it. 但就那样结束了

I wonder who discovered the power of poetry in driving away love.

我想知道是谁发现了 诗还有熄灭爱情的力量

- I thought poetry was the food of love. - Of a fine, stout love.

- 我想诗是爱情之花的露水 - 多美啊,如磐石的爱情

But if it is only a vague inclination, one poor sonnet will kill it.

但是如果只是暧昧的喜好 一首乏味的十四行诗会毁了它

So, what do you recommend to encourage affection?

那么,你推荐用什么来鼓励爱情呢?

Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.

跳舞,即使舞伴长得只是可以

[hushed] Mr Bingley is just what a young man ought to be.

彬莱格先生真是位典型的好青年

- Sensible, good-humoured... - Handsome, conveniently rich...

- 有见识,有趣味.. - 英俊,非常富有...

Marriage should not be driven by thoughts of money.

婚姻不应该被金钱的贪婪驱使

Only deep love will persuade me to marry. 只有真挚的爱情才能让我结婚

- Which is why I'll end up an old maid. - Do you really believe he liked me?

- 这就是为什么我终将会成为一位老姑娘 - 你真的认为他喜欢我吗?

He danced with you most of the night, and stared at you the rest.

他几乎整晚都在和你跳舞 即使你在休息时,眼睛也一刻不离开你

I give you leave to like him. You've liked many stupider.

我不反对你喜欢他 不过你以前也喜欢过很多蠢货啊

You're a great deal too apt to like people in general.

你总是太容易发生好感

All the world is good in your eyes.

在你眼睛里看到,天下都是好人 你都看得顺眼

Not his friend. I still can't believe what he said about you.

但不包括达西先生 我到现在都不敢相信他评论的你的那些话

达西先生? Mr Darcy?

I'd more easily forgive his vanity had he not wounded mine.

我会更容易原谅他的空虚 那些不会伤害我

But no matter. I doubt we shall ever speak again.

但是不用担心 恐怕我们再也不会说话了

[Mrs Bennet] He danced with Miss Lucas. 他和卢卡斯小姐跳舞了

[Mr Bennet] We were all there, dear. 我们都在那看到了,我的好太太

It is a shame she's not more handsome. 真可惜她不够漂亮

There's a spinster in the making and no mistake.

她是个没有过错的老处女

The fourth with a Miss King of little standing, 第四支舞是和金小姐跳的

and the fifth again with Jane. 第五支又是跟吉英跳得

If he had any compassion, he would've sprained his ankle.

要是他稍许体谅我一点 但愿他跳得脚踝扭了筋

The way you carry on, 你的举止不正常

you'd think our girls look forward to a grand inheritance.

你最好先为我们的女儿 找一个有钱的女婿

When you die, which may be very soon, 当你去世时 很可能这个时候马上就来了

they will be left without a roof over their head nor a penny to their name.

否则他们不会给我们留一片瓦 他们会带走他们名下的每个子

- Please, it's ten in the morning. - A letter to Miss Bennet, ma'am. - 拜托,现在才早上十点 - 给班纳特小姐的信,夫人

From Netherfield Hall. 从尼日斐花园寄出的

- Praise the Lord. We are saved! - [laughter] - 赞美上帝,我们有救了!

[Mrs Bennet] Make haste, Jane, make haste. Oh, happy day!

快,吉英 快,噢,多么愉快的一天啊!

It is from Caroline Bingley. 卡罗琳·彬莱格写来的

She has invited me to dine with her. 她邀请我去她家共进晚餐

- 她的哥哥将要出去吃饭 - 出去吃饭? - Her brother will be dining out. - Dining out?

- Can I take the carriage? - Let me see. - 我能用马车吗? - 我想想

- It is too far to walk. - This is unaccountable of him.

- 那太远了走不过去的 - 对他而言这是无法解释的

Mama, the carriage for Jane?

妈妈,为吉英准备马车?

Certainly not. She'll go on horseback. 当然不是,她会骑马去

[Lizzie & Jane] Horseback! 骑马!

[thunder]

Lizzie. 伊丽莎白

Now she'll have to stay the night, exactly as I predicted.

这样她就能在那留宿了 正如我所预料的

Good grief, woman, your skills in the art of matchmaking

真不幸,老婆子 你做媒的技巧

are positively occult. 太不可思议了

Though I don't think, Mama, you can take credit for making it rain.

尽管我不赞同,妈妈 你怎么能预料到下雨呢

"My friends will not hear of me returning home until I am better.

“我的朋友们不会听到我回家的消息 直到我好点为止

Excepting a sore throat, a fever and a

headache, nothing is wrong with me." 除了喉咙发炎,发烧,头痛 我都挺好的”

If Jane does die it will be a comfort to know it was in pursuit of Mr Bingley.

如果吉英死了的话 这会是对彬格莱先生追求的安慰

People do not die of colds. 人们不会因为感冒而死的

但她会因为有这样的一个母亲 而羞愧而死 [Lizzie] But she may perish with the shame of having such a mother.

I must go to Netherfield at once. 我现在必须要去尼日斐花园了

Lady Bathurst is redecorating her ballroom in the French style.

巴瑟斯特夫人正在按照法国风格 重新装修舞厅

A little unpatriotic, don't you think? 有点不爱国,你不觉得吗?

Miss Elizabeth Bennet. 伊丽莎白·班纳特小姐到

[Caroline] Good Lord, did you walk here? 上帝,你走过来的吗? I did. 是的

- 真抱歉打扰了,我的姐姐呢? - 她在楼上 - I'm so sorry. How is my sister? - She's upstairs.

Thank you. 谢谢

[Caroline] My goodness, did you see her hem? Six inches deep in mud.

天啦,你看到她的裙摆没? 足足有6英尺的泥浆

She looked positively mediaeval. 她看上去像从中世纪来的

I feel such a terrible imposition. They're being so kind to me.

我觉得好象可怕的逼迫一样 他们对我都非常好

我不知道哪一个更高兴看到你在这 妈妈?还是彬莱格先生?

I don't know who is more pleased at your being here, Mama or Mr Bingley.

Thank you for tending to my sister so diligently.

谢谢你们如此细心的照顾我的姐姐

她在这比在家要舒服多了

She's in far better comfort than at home.

这是件令人愉快的事 It's a pleasure.

I mean, it's not a pleasure that she's ill. Of course not.

我是说,她生病不令人愉快,当然不是

It's a pleasure that she's here, being ill. 令人愉快的是她在这生病了

[Mr Bennet] Not going to be famous, our pig. 不要太出名了,猪

Black on the back, but not related to the learned pig of Norwich.

后背是黑色,但是和诺里奇的猪没任何关系

- Now that pig is... - Mr Bennet. - 现在那猪... - 班纳特老爷

It's all going to plan. He's half in love with her already.

都是按计划进行的 他已经有一半爱上她了

- Who is, blossom? - Mr Bingley. - 谁,布洛申? - 彬莱格先生

He doesn't mind that she hasn't a penny. 他不在乎她身无分文

He has more than enough for the two of them.

他的钱足够他们俩用的了

- How will we meet them? - Easy! - 我们怎么能碰见他们? - 容易!

Wait for me! 等等我!

[Lydia] You drop something. They pick it up. And then you're introduced.

你掉了东西,他们拾起来 这样你就被认识了 军官! Officers!

[# military march]

[Caroline] You write uncommonly fast, Mr Darcy.

你写信写得这样快,真是少见,达西先生

You're mistaken. I write slowly.

你这话可说得不对,我其实写得相当慢

How many letters you must have occasion to write, Mr Darcy.

你得写多少封信啊,达西先生?

Letters of business. How odious I should think them.

生意上的信 我看这是够厌烦的吧

It is fortunate, then, they fall to me and not you.

这么说,这些信总算幸亏碰到了我 没有碰到你

Tell your sister I long to see her. 告诉令妹 我很想和她见见面

- 我已经遵命告诉过她了 - 我太喜爱她了 - I've already told her once. - I do dote on her.

I was quite in raptures at her beautiful design for a table.

她寄来给我装饰桌子的那张美丽的小图案 我真喜欢极了

Perhaps you will give me leave to defer your raptures.

可否请你通融一下,让我把你的喜欢 延迟到下一次写信时再告诉她?

I have not room enough to do them justice. 这一次我可写不下这么多啦

[Bingley] You young ladies are so accomplished.

像你们这样的年轻女士总是多才多艺的

- What do you mean? - You paint tables, play the piano

- 你什么意思? - 你们会为桌子作画,会弹琴

and embroider cushions. 还有给垫子刺绣

I never heard of a lady, but people say she's accomplished.

我从没有听说过人们 会形容一位小姐用多才多艺这个词

[Darcy] The word is applied too liberally.

这个词的使用是不受限制的

I do not know more than half a dozen women 我认识的这样的女士不超过6个

- that are truly accomplished. - [Caroline] Nor l.

- 那一定是多才多艺的 - 可我不是

上帝,你一定从中领会了很多

Goodness, you must comprehend a great deal in the idea.

- I do. - Absolutely. - 是的 - 绝对

She must have a knowledge of music, singing, drawing, dancing

她一定懂得音乐,歌唱,绘画,跳舞

and the modern languages to deserve the word.

还有时髦的语言来点菜

And something in her air and manner of walking.

还有她说话的口气和走路的样子

而且她一定通过广泛的阅读 来扩展他的视野

And she must improve her mind by extensive reading.

I'm no longer surprised at your knowing only six accomplished women.

我再也不会惊讶于 你仅对6位多才多艺女士的了解

- I wonder at you knowing any. - Are you so severe on your own sex?

- 我想知道你擅于什么 - 你对女士也是这么严格要求的吗?

I never saw such a woman. She would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold. 我从没遇到过这样的女士 认识这样的女士一定是很可怕的事情

[Caroline] Miss Elizabeth, let us take a turn about the room.

伊丽莎白小姐 我们在房间里瞎走动走动吧

It's refreshing, is it not, after sitting so long in one attitude?

这很清爽,不是吗 坐了那么久,走动一下可以提提精神

It is a small kind of accomplishment, I suppose.

这也是种小技艺 我想

Will you not join us, Mr Darcy?

你不和我们一起来吗,达西先生?

You can only have two motives, and I would interfere with either.

你们不过是有两个动机 但我不会妨碍到任何一个

What can he mean? 他什么意思?

The surest way to disappoint him would be to ask him nothing.

让他失望是最好的办法 什么都不问他

Do tell us, Mr Darcy.

一定要告诉我们, 达西先生

Either you are in each other's confidence 你们两是心腹之交

and you have secret affairs to discuss, 肯定有些私事要聊聊

or you are conscious that your figures 否则就是你们自以为散起步来

体态显得特别好看,所以要散散步

appear to the greatest advantage by walking.

倘若是出于第一个动机 我夹在你们中间就会妨碍你们

If the first, I should get in your way.

If the second, I can admire you much better from here.

倘若是出于第二个动机 那么我坐在这可以更好地欣赏你们

How shall we punish him for such a speech? 亏他说得出,我们该怎么罚他呀?

- We could laugh at him. - No. Mr Darcy is not to be teased.

- 讥笑他一番 - 不行,达西先生是不能让人笑话的

Are you too proud, Mr Darcy? And would you consider pride a fault or a virtue?

你是否太骄傲了些,达西先生? 你认为骄傲是缺点还是优点?

- I couldn't say. - We're trying to find a fault in you.

- 说不好 - 我们在试着找出你的缺点

I find it hard to forgive the follies and vices of others,

别人的愚蠢和过错我本应该赶快忘掉 却偏偏忘不掉

or their offences against me. 人家得罪了我 我也忘不掉

My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever. 我对于某个人一旦没有了好感 就永远没有好感了

Oh, dear. I cannot tease you about that. 噢,亲爱的 我不能讥笑你了

What a shame, for I dearly love to laugh. 对于我非常喜欢讥笑你 我深表羞愧

[Caroline] A family trait, I think. 家族传统,我想

A Mrs Bennet, a Miss Bennet, a Miss Bennet and a Miss Bennet, sir.

班纳特太太,班纳特三小姐 班纳特四小姐还有班纳特五小姐到,先生

Are we to receive every Bennet in the country?

乡下所有叫班纳特都来我们家了?

What an excellent room you have, sir. 你的屋子多可爱阿,先生

Such expensive furnishings. 贵重的家具

[Mrs Bennet] I do hope you intend to stay here, Mr Bingley.

我非常希望你能留在这,彬格莱先生

Absolutely, I find the country very diverting. Don't you agree, Darcy?

当然,我觉得乡村非常的有趣 不是吗,达西?

I find it perfectly adequate. 我觉得非常的适当

Even if society is a little less varied than in town.

乡下碰不到像城里那么多些各色各样的人

碰不到?完全不是 Less varied? Not at all.

We dine with four and 20 families of all shapes and sizes.

就我所知,平常跟我们来往吃饭的 可也有

二十四家呀,各色各样的家庭

Sir William Lucas, for instance, is a very agreeable man.

比如威廉·卢卡斯爵士 就是位很和蔼的人

And a good deal less self-important than some people half his rank.

跟他同一爵位的某些人比起来 他是那么温雅的好人

[Lydia] Mr Bingley, is it true you will hold a ball here?

彬格莱先生 你真的要在这举办舞会吗? A ball? 舞会?

It would be an excellent way to meet new friends. You could invite the militia. 那将是认识新朋友最好的方式 你可以邀请民兵们

- 噢,那就举办舞会! - 吉蒂! - Oh, do hold a ball! - Kitty!

When your sister recovers, you shall name the day.

只要等你姐姐复元了,由你随便定个日期就行

I think a ball is an irrational way to gain new acquaintance.

我想舞会是认识新人的不理智的方式

It would be better if conversation, not dancing, were the order of the day. 聊天比跳舞好 那可是风尚

Indeed, much more rational, but rather less like a ball.

确实,聊天更理性 但是跟舞会比起来就差了点

Thank you, Mary. 谢谢,曼丽

这是多么的让人留连忘返阿 不是吗,亲爱的?

What a fine imposing place to be sure, is it not, my dears?

There's no house to equal it in the county. 在乡下再也找不到这么好的房子了

- Mr Darcy. - Miss Bennet. - 达西先生 - 班纳特小姐

- There she is. - I don't know how to thank you.

- 她在那 - 我对你感激不尽

You're welcome any time you feel the least bit poorly.

当你感觉身体不适时 随时欢迎你来

谢谢你有生气的陪伴 非常有益

Thank you for your stimulating company. Most instructive.

Not at all. The pleasure is all mine. 不客气,这是我的荣幸

- Mr Darcy. - Miss Elizabeth. - 达西先生 - 伊丽莎白小姐

And then there was one with great long lashes, like a cow.

这时有个很长的鞭子,像母牛一样

Ask Mrs Hill to order us a sirloin, Betsy. 叫希尔太太给我们做牛腩 伊丽莎白

Just the one, mind. We're not made of money. 注意,只要一块 我们没钱

[Mary practises scales]

I hope, my dear, you've ordered a good dinner today.

我的好太太 希望你今天的午饭准备的好一些

I've reason to expect an addition to our family party.

因为我预料 今天有客人来

[Lizzie] His name's Mr Collins, the dreaded cousin.

他叫柯林斯先生,可怕的堂哥

- [Charlotte] Who is to inherit? - Everything. - 谁来继承? - 所有的一切

Even my piano stool belongs to Mr Collins.

甚至我的钢琴凳都属于柯林斯先生

什么时候? When?

他可以高兴什么时候把我们撵出这所屋子 就什么时候撵出去

He may turn us out of the house as soon as he pleases.

The estate passes directly to him and not to us poor females.

你自己的产业不能让自己可怜的女孩们继承 却要让别人来继承

Mr Collins, at your service. 柯林斯先生,愿为你效劳

What a superbly featured room and what excellent potatoes.

多漂亮的房间阿 多漂亮的土豆阿

It's many years since I've had such an exemplary vegetable.

我好多年都没有吃到这样的蔬菜了

在公平的堂哥面前 我怎能恭维厨艺高超? To which fair cousin should I compliment the excellence of the cooking?

We are perfectly able to keep a cook. 我们确实能做顿不错的饭菜

Excellent. 很棒

我非常高兴看到这的财产 能担负如此好的生活条件

I'm very pleased the estate can afford such a living.

I'm honoured to have as my patroness Lady Catherine de Bourgh.

能有位像凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人 那样的女资助人是我三生有幸

You've heard of her, I presume? 我想你们已经听说她了吧?

My small rectory abuts her estate, 我的小教区毗邻她的庄园

Rosings Park, and she often condescends 罗新斯花园 她还常乘她的四轮小马车

to drive by my humble dwelling in her little phaeton and ponies. 拜访过我的寒舍

她有亲人吗?

Does she have any family?

One daughter, the heiress of Rosings and very extensive property.

她只有一个女儿,也就是罗新斯的继承人 将来可以继承到非常大的一笔遗产呢

I've often observed to Lady Catherine 我常说凯瑟琳夫人

她的女儿好像出生就是女公爵

that her daughter seemed born to be a duchess,

for she has all the superior graces of elevated rank.

因为她拥有贵族们所有的优雅

这样巧妙的恭维话 一般都会让太太小姐们听得高兴

These kind of compliments are always acceptable to the ladies,

and which I conceive myself particularly bound to pay.

我总觉得我应该在这方面特别留意

How happy for you, Mr Collins, 真为你高兴,柯林斯先生

to possess the talent for flattering with such delicacy.

你能有这种才能 能够非常巧妙的捧人家的场

Do these attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment

但你这种讨人喜欢的奉承话 是临时想起来的呢

or are they the result of previous study? 还是老早想好了的?

They arise from what is passing at the time. 大半是看临时的情形想起来的

不过有时候我也自己跟自己打趣,预先想好 一些很好的小恭维话,平常有机会就拿来应用

And though I do sometimes amuse myself with arranging such little compliments,

I always wish to give them as unstudied an air as possible.

而且临时说的时候 总是要装出十自然流露出来的

Oh, believe me, no one would suspect your manners to be rehearsed.

噢,相信我 没人会怀疑那是你排练好了的举动

[Lydia laughs, coughs]

After dinner, I thought I might read to you for an hour or two.

午餐后,我想 我可以给大家读一到两个小时的书

I have with me Fordyce's Sermons 我随身带着《讲道集》

which speak very eloquently on all matters moral.

这是本关于行为道德的善辩集

Are you familiar with Fordyce's Sermons, Miss Bennet?

你读过《讲道集》吗,班纳特小姐?

班纳特太太,承蒙凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人的

厚爱

Mrs Bennet, I have been bestowed by the good grace of Lady Catherine de Bourgh

提拔我担任教区牧师的职位 a parsonage of no mean size.

I have become aware of the fact. 我已经知道了

It is my avowed hope that soon I may find a mistress for it.

我真心的希望能尽快 给我的牧师住宅找到一位女主人

And I have to inform you that the eldest Miss Bennet

我不得不告诉你 班纳特大小姐

has captured my special attention. 已经俘获了我的心

Oh, Mr Collins. 噢,柯林斯先生

Unfortunately, it is incumbent upon me 很不幸,我有责任提醒你一下

to hint that the eldest Miss Bennet is very soon to be engaged.

班纳特大小姐很快就要订婚了

订婚 Engaged.

But Miss Lizzie, next to her in age and beauty, 但是伊丽莎白小姐 无论是年纪,美貌,比大小姐都只差一步

would make anyone an excellent partner. 无论对谁 她都会是个不错的伴侣

Do not you agree? Mr Collins? 你赞同吗?柯林斯先生?

当然,当然 Indeed. Indeed.

一个非常好的备选 A very agreeable alternative.

[fiddler plays]

[Lizzie] Mr Collins is a man who makes you despair at the entire sex.

柯林斯先生会让你对 所有男性完全绝望的

- Yours, I believe. - Oh, Mr Wickham, how perfect you are.

- 肯定 - 噢,韦翰先生,你是多么十全十美阿

他捡起我的手帕 你是故意丢手帕的? He picked up my handkerchief. Did you drop yours on purpose?

Mr Wickham is a lieutenant. 韦翰先生是位陆军中尉

- An enchanted lieutenant. - What are you up to, Liddy?

- 一位迷人的陆军中尉 - 你要干什么,丽迪雅?

- We happened to be looking for ribbon. - White, for the ball.

- 我们碰巧来挑丝带 - 白色的,为舞会准备的

Shall we all look for some ribbon together? 我们能一起挑挑丝带吗?

- Good afternoon, Mr James. - Miss Lydia, Miss Bennet.

- 下午好,詹姆斯先生 - 丽迪雅小姐,班纳特小姐

I shan't even browse. 我不该来的

你不能信任我 我对丝带没一点品味 I can't be trusted. I have poor taste in ribbons.

只有完全自信的人才会承认

Only a truly confident man would admit that.

确实

No, it's true.

And buckles. When it comes to buckles, I'm lost.

还有带扣 当它变成了带扣,我就完全糊涂了

- You must be the shame of the regiment. - The laughing stock.

- 你一定是军团的羞耻 - 成为笑柄

What do your superiors do with you? 你的上级怎么对你呢?

无视我,我几乎没有价值 所以就很容易做到

Ignore me. I'm of next to no importance, so it's easily done.

- 伊丽莎白,借我点钱 - 你已经借过了 - Lizzie, lend me some money. - You already owe me a fortune.

- Allow me to oblige. - No, Mr Wickham, please...

- 请允许我帮个小忙 - 不,韦翰先生,不要...

I insist. 我坚持

- 我真同情那个法国人 - 我也是

- [Lizzie] I pity the French. - [Wickham] So do l.

- [Jane] Look, Mr Bingley. - [Lydia] Mr Bingley! - 瞧,彬格莱先生 - 彬格拉先生!

我正准备去你家

[Bingley] I was just on my way to your house.

How do you like my ribbons for your ball?

你喜欢我特地为你的舞会 准备的丝带吗?

- Very beautiful. - She is. Look, she's blooming.

- 非常漂亮 - 确实,瞧,她是那么的光彩照人

噢,丽迪雅 Oh, Lydia.

Be sure to invite Mr Wickham. He is a credit to his profession.

一定要邀请韦翰先生 他是个诚实可靠的人

你不能邀请人去别人的舞会

[Jane] You can't invite people to other people's balls.

当然,你一定要来,韦翰先生

Of course, you must come, Mr Wickham.

If you'll excuse me, ladies, enjoy the day. 请原谅,小姐们,祝你有愉快的一天

你打算去尼菲尔德庄园舞会吗,韦翰先生? [Lizzie] Do you plan to go to the Netherfield ball, Mr Wickham?

可能,什么时候达西先生变成了这里的客人?

Perhaps. How long has Mr Darcy been a guest there?

About a month. 大概1个月了

Forgive me, but are you acquainted with him, with Mr Darcy?

请原谅我的冒昧 你和达西先生很熟吗?

实际上,我从小就和他家里有特别的关系 Indeed, I've been connected with his family since infancy.

You may well be surprised, given our cold greeting this afternoon.

你下午也许看到我们见面时那种冷冰冰 的样子了吧,难怪你听了我的话会诧异

你既然喜欢麦里屯 打算在那里工作的计划,我但愿你不要

I hope your plans in favour of Meryton will not be affected

- 因为你和那位绅士的关系而影响你原来的计划 - 我才不会让达西先生赶走呢 - by your relations with the gentleman. - It is not for me to be driven away.

If he wishes to avoid seeing me, he must go, not l.

要是他不原意看到我,那就得他走,而不是我

I must ask, what is the manner of your disapproval of Mr Darcy?

我一定要问问,达西先生的什么行为 让你如此不赞同

My father managed his estate. 我父亲是他家的账房先生

We grew up together, Darcy and l. 我们从小一起长大,达西和我

他的父亲对待我就好像亲儿子一样 像疼爱儿子一样的疼爱我

His father treated me like a second son, loved me like a son.

We were both with him the day he died. 他父亲去世的那天,我们一起

With his last breath,

守在他的床前到最后一刻

his father bequeathed me the rectory in his estate.

他父亲的遗嘱上 说明把教区牧师职位给我

他早就知道我一心想加入教会

He knew I had my heart set on joining the Church.

But Darcy ignored his wishes and gave the living to another man.

但是达西无视他父亲的遗属 把那个牧师职位给了别人

- 但为什么呢? - 嫉妒 - But why? - Jealousy.

His father... 他的父亲...

唔,他的父亲疼爱我甚过他 达西无法容忍 Well, he loved me better and Darcy couldn't stand it.

- 多么残酷阿 - 所以到现在我还是名一贫如洗的士兵

- How cruel. - So now I'm a poor foot-soldier.

Too lowly even to be noticed. 低微的以至于引不起任何人的注意

[hums tune]

- Breathe in! - I can't anymore. You're hurting. - 摒住呼吸 - 我不行了,你弄疼我了

伊丽莎白 Betsy.

Betsy! 伊丽莎白!

- 那一定是个误会 - 吉英,你从来都不把人往坏处想

- There must've been a misunderstanding. - Jane, you never think ill of anybody.

达西先生怎么会做出那样的事情? How could Mr Darcy do such a thing?

I will discover the truth from Mr Bingley this evening.

今天晚上我就问问彬格莱先生 事情的真相

让达西先生不能自圆其说

Let Mr Darcy contradict it himself.

在此以前 我希望从没见到过他

Till he does, I hope never to encounter him.

可怜,不幸的,韦翰先生

Poor, unfortunate, Mr Wickham.

Wickham is twice the man Darcy is. 韦翰比达西更像男子汉

And, let us hope, a rather more willing dancer. 让我们祈祷有更多的舞伴吧

[man] There they are, look. 他们在那,瞧

- [lady] Oh, yes. - [man] Billy. - 噢,是的 - 比利

[man] Jane Martin is here. 吉英·马丁在这里

May I say what an immense pleasure it is to see you again.

能再次见到你真是无比的荣幸

- 班纳特太太 - 彬格莱小姐 - Mrs Bennet. - Miss Bingley.

真迷人 Charming.

I'm so pleased you're here. 我很高兴你能来

So am l. 我也是

And how are you? Miss Elizabeth? Are you looking for someone?

你还好吗?伊丽莎白小姐? 你在找人吗?

No, not at all, I was just admiring the general splendour.

不,不是,我只是惊叹这里如此光彩壮丽

- It is breathtaking, Mr Bingley. - Good. - 真叹为观止,彬格莱先生 - 太好了

[Mrs Bennet] You might have passed a few pleasantries with Mr Bingley.

你也许已经和彬格莱先生打趣过了

[Mrs Bennet] I've never met a more pleasant gentleman in all my years.

我一生从没见过这么令人愉快的绅士

Did you see how he dotes on her? 你见过他如何溺爱她吗?

[Mrs Bennet] Dear Jane, always doing what's best for her family.

亲爱的吉英 总是为她的家人做最好的选择

[orchestra plays]

- Charlotte! - Lizzie!

- 夏洛特! - 伊丽莎白!

- 你有看到韦翰先生吗? - 没有,可能他来过这

- Have you seen Mr Wickham? - No. Perhaps he's through here.

伊丽莎白,韦翰先生不在这 显然,他被事情耽误了

Lizzie, Mr Wickham is not here. Apparently, he's been detained.

Detained where? He must be here. 在哪耽误?他一定在这

- There you are. - Mr Collins. - 你在这阿 - 柯林斯先生

Perhaps you will do me the honour, Miss Elizabeth.

你能赏脸和我跳舞吗? 伊丽莎白

Oh, I did not think you danced, Mr Collins. 噢,我没想到你会跳舞的 柯林斯先生

我认为这和牧师的职责不相违背

I do not think it incompatible with the office of a clergyman.

Several people, her Ladyship included, have complimented me

相反,有些人,包括贵妇人们在内 都称赞

我轻盈的舞步呢

on my lightness of foot.

显然,你的韦翰先生上城里有事去了

[Jane] Apparently, your Mr Wickham has been called on some business to town.

跳舞对我来说有点不合逻辑 但是...

Dancing is of little consequence to me, but it does...

...but it does afford the opportunity to lavish...

它为慷慨给予了机会...

-... upon one's partner attentions... - [Jane] My informer tells me...

- ...看舞伴的注意力... - 有人告诉我...

...韦翰先生要不是为了 要回避这儿的某一位先生

...that he would be less inclined to be engaged, were it not for...

...the presence of a certain gentleman.

决不会这么凑巧,偏偏这个时候因事缺席

[Collins] Which is my primary object. 谁是我的第一舞伴

[Lizzie] That gentleman barely warrants the name.

那位绅士几乎不叫名字

[Collins] It is my intention, if I may be so bold, 我是故意的,那样太大胆了

to remain close to you throughout the evening.

如果整晚与你保持亲密

我能和你跳下一支舞吗? 伊丽莎白小姐 May I have the next dance, Miss Elizabeth?

You may. 可以

- 我同意和达西先生跳舞了? - 你将来一定会发觉他很讨人喜欢的

- Did I agree to dance with Mr Darcy? - I dare say you will find him amiable.

It would be most inconvenient since I've sworn to loathe him for all eternity.

那一定非常难 因为我发誓一辈子厌恶他

[# solo violin dance]

- [Lizzie] I love this dance. - [Darcy] lndeed. Most invigorating.

- 我爱这支舞曲 - 确实,非常让人精神充沛

现在该轮到你谈谈啦,达西先生

It is your turn to say something, Mr Darcy.

I talked about the dance. 我既然谈了舞曲

你就得谈谈舞池的大小 以及有多少舞伴之类的问题

Now you ought to remark on the size of the room or the number of couples.

I'm perfectly happy to oblige. What would you like most to hear?

我很高兴能说你感兴趣的 你最想听什么?

这种回答眼前也说得过去了 That reply will do for present.

待一会我或许会谈到

[Lizzie] Perhaps by and by I may observe

that private balls are much pleasanter than public ones.

私人舞会比公共场所的舞会更好

不过,我们现在可以不必作声了 For now, we may remain silent.

[Darcy] Do you talk as a rule while dancing? 那么说,你跳起舞来照例总得要谈上几句吗?

不,不,我更喜欢不爱交际和沉默 No. No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn.

Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don't you think?

这样会让别人更愉快 你不觉得吗?

告诉我 你和你的姐妹们经常上麦里屯溜达吗?

Tell me, do you and your sisters very often walk to Meryton?

是的,我们常常去

Yes, we often walk to Meryton.

It's a great opportunity to meet new people. 那是结识新朋友的好机会

When you met us, we'd just had the pleasure of forming a new acquaintance.

你那天在那儿碰到我们的时候 我们正在结交一个新朋友呢

Mr Wickham's blessed with such happy manners, he's sure of making friends. 韦翰先生生来满面春风 交起朋友来得心应手

Whether he's capable of retaining them is less so.

至于他是不是能和朋友们长久相处 那就不大靠得住了

He's been so unfortunate as to lose your friendship. That is irreversible?

他真不幸,竟失去了您的友谊 那不可挽回了吗?

- It is. Why do you ask such a question? - To make out your character.

- 是的,你问我这些话用意何在? - 只不过为了要解释解释你的性格罢了

- What have you discovered? - Very little. - 那么你究竟弄明白了没有? - 我一点儿也弄不明白

I hear such different accounts of you as puzzle

me exceedingly.

我听到人家对于你的看法及不一致 叫我不知道相信谁的话才好

I hope to afford you more clarity in the future. 我希望将来我能让你对我有更清晰的认识

[chattering]

- 那是彭布利庄园的达西先生吗? - 我想是的

- Is that Mr Darcy of Pemberley? - I believe so.

I must make myself known to him. 我一定要向达西先生自我介绍

He's a nephew of my patroness, Lady Catherine.

他是我的女资助人,凯瑟琳夫人的侄儿

他会认为那是很冒失的行为

He will consider it an impertinence.

达西先生 Mr Darcy.

达西先生 Mr Darcy.

达西先生,晚上好... Mr Darcy. Good evening...

What interesting relatives you have. 你有多么有趣的亲戚啊

[sings]

曼丽,亲爱的 你使我们开心得够久啦 Mary, dear, you've delighted us long enough.

Let the other young ladies have a turn. 留点时间给别的小姐们表演表演吧

[Bingley]...since I was a child, and then she died.

...当我还是孩子的时候,她就去世了

我有漂亮的灰色

I have a beautiful grey.

当然,卡罗琳的马术比我好,绝对 Of course, Caroline's a much better rider than l, of course.

噢,是的,我们热切期盼着 这门好处多多的婚缘

Oh, yes. We fully expect a most advantageous marriage.

And my Jane, marrying so grand, must throw her sisters in the way. 再其次,我的吉英能攀得这么称心如意的姻缘 那么,她的妹妹们也就有希望碰上别的阔少

Clearly my family are seeing who can expose themselves to the most ridicule.

无疑我们家好像是约定今天晚上 到这儿来尽量出丑的

- 至少,彬格莱先生没有注意到 - 没有 - At least Bingley has not noticed. - No.

- I think he likes her very much. - But does she like him?

- 我想他真的很喜欢她 - 但是她喜欢他吗?

Few of us are secure enough to be in love without proper encouragement.

几乎没有人能够 在没有恰当的鼓励下陷入爱情

Bingley likes her enormously, 彬格莱非常喜欢她

但是可能以后不会了 如果她不暗示他 but might not do more if she does not help him on.

She's just shy. If he cannot perceive her regard, he is a fool.

她只是害羞 如果他觉察不到她的关注,他一定是个傻瓜

We are all fools in love. 在爱情里大家都是傻瓜

He does not know her character as we do. 他更本不像我们那么了解她的性格

She should move fast and snap him up. 她应该快速离开 掉他的胃口

这样我们就有大量的时间来了解他

There is plenty of time for us to get to know him afterwards.

[Caroline] I can't help feeling that someone's going to produce a piglet 我觉得有人会放出小猪来

and make us chase it. 让我们来追赶

- Oh, dear! - I do apologise, sir. - 噢,亲爱的! - 我很抱歉,先生

I'm awfully sorry. Do forgive me. 我真的很抱歉,请原谅我

[lady] Emily, please! 艾米莉,不要!

Mary, my dear Mary. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

曼丽,我亲爱的曼丽 噢亲爱的,噢亲爱的,噢亲爱的

- I've been practising all week. - I know, my dear.

- 我练习了一星期了 - 我知道,亲爱的

[Mary] I hate balls. 我讨厌舞会

Mr Bennet, wake up. 班纳特老爷,醒醒

噢,我从没有过这么高兴的时光

[Mrs Bennet] Oh, I've never had such a good time!

查尔斯,你不用太认真了 Charles, you cannot be serious.

We'll have a wedding here in less than three months if you ask me, Mr Bennet.

班纳特先生,如果你要问我为什么高兴 告诉你我们将会在3个月内有门婚事

Mr Bennet! 班纳特老爷!

Mary, please. 曼丽,不要

[Mr Bennet] Thank you, Mr Hill. 谢谢,希尔先生

Mrs Bennet, I was hoping, if it would not trouble you,

班纳特太太,我希望这不会让你烦恼

我恳求你能答应 我和伊丽莎白小姐单独谈谈

that I might solicit a private audience with Miss Elizabeth.

Oh, certainly, Lizzie would be very happy indeed.

噢,当然可以 伊丽莎白会很乐意的

Everyone, out. Mr Collins would like a private

audience with your sister.

所有人都出去,柯林斯先生想和 你们的姐妹单独谈谈

Wait, Mr Collins can have nothing to say to me that anybody need not hear.

等等,柯林斯先生没有什么不可告人的话 非要单独和我说的

I desire you will stay where you are. Everyone else to the drawing room.

我要你待在这儿不动 其他所有人都去客厅

- 班纳特老爷 - 但是... - Mr Bennet. - But...

马上

Now.

- 吉英,吉英,别...吉英! - 吉英 - Jane. Jane, don't... Jane! - Jane.

Papa, stay. 爸爸,留下

Dear Miss Elizabeth, 亲爱的伊丽莎白小姐

My attentions have been too marked to be mistaken.

我对你的百般殷勤,已经表现得非常明显了 你一定会明白我说话的用意

几乎是当我走进这房子的那一刻 Almost as soon as I entered the house,

I singled you out as the companion of my future life.

我就挑中你做我的终身伴侣

But before I am run away with my feelings, 不过关于这个问题,也许最好趁我现在 还控制得住我自己感情的时候

先谈谈我要结婚的理由

perhaps I may state my reasons for marrying.

第一,这是牧师的职责

Firstly, that it is the duty of a clergyman

to set the example of matrimony in his parish. 给全教区树立一个婚姻的好榜样

Secondly, I am convinced it will add greatly to my happiness.

其次,我深信结婚会大大地促进我的幸福

And thirdly, that it is at the urging 第三,我尊敬的女资助人 凯瑟琳夫人

催促我

of my esteemed patroness, Lady Catherine,

that I select a wife. 挑选一个好太太

我来浪博恩的目的就是

My object in coming to Longbourn was to choose such a one

from among Mr Bennet's daughters,

从班纳特先生的女儿中挑选一个做太太

for I am to inherit the estate 因为我将要继承令尊的财产

而像这样的结合一定... and such an alliance will surely...

...会让每个人满意 ...suit everyone.

And now nothing remains but for me to assure you in the most animated language 现在我的话已经说完 除非是再用最激动的语言

- of the violence of my affections. - Mr Collins! - 把我最热烈的感情向你倾诉 - 柯林斯先生!

对于财产的有限,没有任何责备的意思 And no reproach on the subject of fortune

- will cross my lips once we're married. - You forget I have given no answer.

- 我们结婚以后,我决不会说一句小气话 - 你忘了我根本没有回答你呢

Lady Catherine will thoroughly approve when I speak to her

凯瑟琳夫人一定会赞同这门婚事的 当我向她说起

of your modesty, economy and other amiable qualities.

你的淑静,节约以及其他种种可爱的优点

Sir, I am honoured by your proposal, but I regret that I must decline it.

先生,你的求婚使我感到荣幸 可惜我除了谢绝之外,别无办法

I know ladies don't seek to seem too eager... 我了解小姐们 都会矜持推诿一下...

Mr Collins, I am perfectly serious. You could not make me happy.

柯林斯先生,我的谢绝完全是严肃的 你不能使我幸福

而且我也绝对不能使你幸福

And I'm the last woman in the world who could make you happy.

说句自不量力的话 你的拒绝正符合女人家微妙的天性

I flatter myself that your refusal is merely a natural delicacy.

此外,尽管你有许多吸引人的地方 Besides, despite manifold attractions,

it is by no means certain another offer of marriage will ever be made to you. 但不会有另外一个人再向你求婚了

我就不得不认为 你这样是欲擒故纵,想要更加博得我的喜爱

I must conclude that you simply seek to increase my love by suspense,

according to the usual practice of elegant females.

仿效一般高贵的女性的通例

我不是那种故意捉弄尊敬绅士的女性 I am not the sort of female to torment a respectable man.

Please understand me, I cannot accept you. 请理解我 我不能接受你

[Lydia & Kitty laugh]

Headstrong, foolish child.

顽固的傻孩子

Don't worry, Mr Collins. We'll have this little hiccup dealt with immediately.

别担心,柯林斯先生 我们马上就能解决这一切

伊丽莎白,伊丽莎白! Lizzie. Lizzie!

Mr Bennet, we're all in an uproar!

班纳特老爷,我们闹得翻天覆地了!

你得马上出来一下 你得劝劝伊丽莎白跟柯林斯先生结婚

You must come and make Lizzie marry Mr Collins.

Mr Collins has proposed to Lizzie,

柯林斯先生已经向伊丽莎白求婚了

but she vowed she will not have him, and now the danger is

但是她发誓不要他 现在危险的是

柯林斯先生会不要伊丽莎白了 Mr Collins may not have Lizzie.

- 我能做什么? - 唔,过来和她谈谈 - What am I to do? - Well, come and talk to her.

马上! Now!

- Tell her you insist they marry. - Papa, please. - 跟她说,你非要她跟他结婚不可 - 爸爸,不要

你会拥有这屋子 还能把你的妹妹们从贫穷中拯救出来

[Mrs Bennet] You will have this house and save your sisters from destitution.

- I can't marry him. - Go and say you've changed your mind.

- 我不能嫁给他 - 去说你已经改变了你的心意

- 为你的家人想想 - 你不能逼我

- Think of your family. - You cannot make me.

班纳特老爷,说点什么

Mr Bennet, say something.

Your mother insists upon you marrying Mr Collins.

你母亲坚持要你嫁给柯林斯先生

是的,否则我就不要再见你了 Yes, or I shall never see her again.

从今天起,你不和父亲成为陌路人 就要和母亲成为陌路人

From this day onward, you must be a stranger to one of your parents.

当你父亲去世了 谁会养你?

Who will maintain you when your father is dead?

要是你不嫁给柯林斯先生 你的母亲就不要再见你了

Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr Collins,

and I will never see you again if you do. 如果你嫁给他 我就不要再见你了

谢谢,爸爸 Thank you, Papa.

不懂事的孩子! 我将不再和你说话了 [Mrs Bennet] Ungrateful child! I shall never speak to you again.

老实说 跟谁说话都不大乐意

Not that I take much pleasure in talking.

象我这样神经脆弱的人

People who suffer as I do from nervous complaints

就没有多大的兴致说话

can have no pleasure in talking to anybody. 吉英! Jane!

What's the matter? Jane? 出什么事了?吉英?

I don't understand what would take him from Netherfield.

我不明白 什么让他离开尼日斐花园

Why does he not know when he'll return? 为什么他不知道他什么时候回来?

Read it. 读读

“达西先生迫不急得的要去看看他的妹妹 我们也差不多同样热切地希望和她重逢 "Mr Darcy is impatient to see his sister and we are scarcely less eager.

我认为乔治安娜·达西无论在容貌方面 I do not think Georgiana Darcy has her equal for beauty,

elegance and accomplishment. I hope to call

her hereafter my sister."

举止方面,才智方面的确也没有人能够比得上 希望她以后会做我的嫂嫂

Is that not clear enough? 说得还不够清楚吗?

卡罗琳看出她哥哥爱上你

Caroline sees her brother in love with you

就把他带走 想方设法去说服他

and has taken him off to persuade him otherwise.

But I know her to be incapable of wilfully deceiving anyone.

但是我知道她不会故意欺骗任何人

- 看上去他好像真的不爱我了 - 他爱你,别放弃

- It's more likely he does not love me. - He loves you. Do not give up.

去我们的在伦敦的舅舅家

Go to our aunt and uncle's in London,

让他们都知道你在那 我敢肯定他会来看你的

Iet it be known you are there and I am sure he will come to you.

请将我的爱赐予我的姐姐 让爱不要成为负担,亲爱的

Give my love to my sister and try not to be a burden, dear.

[Mr Bennet] Poor Jane. 可怜的吉英

Still, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then.

然而,女孩子总是喜欢被爱

It gives her something to think of 这起码可以给她一些事情去思考

and a sort of distinction amongst her companions.

也可以使她觉得与其它同伴不同

- 我相信那会令她振奋起来的,爸爸 - 现在轮到你了,伊丽莎白

- I'm sure that will cheer her up, Papa. - It's your turn now, Lizzie.

你已经拒绝了柯林斯

You've turned down Collins.

你现在是自由身了 自己成了甩别人的小姐了

You're free to go off and be jilted yourself.

What about Mr Wickham? 韦翰先生怎么样?

他是一位不错的年轻人 而且他的性格十分踏实可靠

He's a pleasant fellow and he'd do the job credibly.

- 父亲... - 而且你有一个亲爱的母亲 - Father... - And you have an affectionate mother

她一定会充分利用(韦翰先生)这个机会的 who would make the most of it.

- 夏洛特! - 我亲爱的伊丽莎白 - Charlotte! - My dear Lizzie.

I've come her to tell you the news. Mr Collins and I are... engaged.

我是来告诉你一个重要的消息的 柯林斯先生和我...订婚了

- 订婚了? - 是的 - Engaged? - Yes.

- To be married? - What other kind of engaged is there?

- 为了结婚(的订婚)? - 除此之外,还会有其他的类型的订婚么?

看在上天的份上, 伊丽莎白 别那样看着我 For heaven's sake, Lizzie, don't look at me like that.

I should be as happy with him as any other. 与其他人没有分别,我与他在一起 同样会开心

- But he's ridiculous. - Oh, hush.

- 但是他的人十分荒谬 - 噢,不要这么说

并不是我们所有的人都会拥有浪漫

Not all of us can afford to be romantic.

我已经被赋予一个舒适安全的家

I've been offered a comfortable home and protection.

There's a lot to be thankful for. 已经有很多东西 我需要感激的了

我已经27岁了 我没有钱,我也没有了憧憬了

I'm 27 years old. I've no money and no prospects.

对于父母来说,我已经是一个包袱了 I'm already a burden to my parents.

And I'm frightened. 而且,我害怕了

所以,请不要对我做出评价,伊丽莎白 不要评价我

So don't judge me, Lizzie. Don't you dare judge me.

亲爱的夏洛特 谢谢你的来信

[Lizzie] Dear Charlotte, thank you for your letter.

我为,你对你的房子,家具以及舍路的满意 感到高兴

I'm glad the house, furniture and roads are to your taste,

and that Lady Catherine's behaviour is

friendly and obliging.

还有那位凯瑟琳女士 友好和和蔼的行为感到高兴

What with your departure, Jane's to London 你离开后 吉英去了伦敦

华美的韦翰先生随民兵团去了北方 and the militia to the North with the colourful Mr Wickham,

我必须承认, 现在我眼前的景色 变得有点灰暗了

I must confess, the view from where I sit has been rather grey.

你问起的家里的好消息 家里并没有什么好消息

As for the favour you ask, it is no favour at all.

I would be happy to visit you at your earliest convenience.

一但你感到方便 我会非常高兴去探望你

欢迎光临寒舍

[Collins] Welcome to our humble abode.

My wife encourages me to spend time in the garden for my health.

为了我的健康,我的妻子鼓励我 花点时间在花园里面

I think our guest is tired after her journey. 我想我们的客人在旅途后已经感到疲惫了

我计划了很多改进的方案,我打算要去掉 一些大树桩然后在走道旁种上酸橙树

I plan many improvements. I intend to throw out a bough and plant a lime walk.

I flatter myself that any young lady would be happy

说句自不量力的话, 任何一个年轻女士都会为能成为一名

to be the mistress of such a house. 这座房子的主妇而感到高兴的

We shan't be disturbed here. 在这里,我们不会被打扰

这间工作室是专门留给我一个人用的 This parlour is for my own particular use.

噢,伊丽莎白,能打理我自己的家 真是件高兴的事情

Oh, Lizzie, it's such a pleasure to run my own home.

- [Collins] Charlotte, come here! - What's happened?

- 夏洛特,过来! - 发生什么事了?

Has the pig escaped again? Oh, it's Lady Catherine.

猪又跑了吗? 噢,是凯瑟琳夫人

Come and see, Lizzie. 过来看看,伊丽莎白

[Collins] Great news.

好消息

凯瑟琳女士邀请我们去罗新斯花园 We received an invitation to Rosings from Lady Catherine.

实在太好了! How wonderful!

千万不要为你的衣着担心

Do not make yourself uneasy about your apparel.

Just put on the best you've brought. 穿上你带来的最好的衣服就行了

Lady Catherine's never been averse to the truly humble.

凯瑟琳夫人从来都不会嫌弃简陋

全欧洲最非凡的景色之一

[Collins] One of the most extraordinary sights in all of Europe.

The glazing alone costs upwards of £20,000. 仅仅玻璃窗就要花费两万英镑阿

Come along. Come along. 跟着来,跟紧

晚点我们会玩#9@k牌

[Lady Catherine] A little later we'll play cards.

Your Ladyship. 尊贵的夫人

Miss de Bourgh. 德·包尔小姐

- 那么,你是伊丽莎白·班纳特? - 是的,尊贵的夫人

- So, you are Elizabeth Bennet? - I am, your Ladyship.

This is my daughter. 这是我的女儿

- It's kind of you to ask us to dine. - The rug alone cost upwards of £300.

- 感谢你邀请我们一同进餐 - 单这地毯就起码要300英镑

达西先生 Mr Darcy.

你在这里干什么?

What are you doing here?

达西先生 我不知道我原来有这个荣幸遇到你

Mr Darcy, I had no idea we had the honour.

- Miss Elizabeth, I'm a guest here. - You know my nephew?

- 伊丽莎白小姐,我是来这做客的 - 你认识我的侄子?

是的,在赫特福德郡,我有幸遇见你的侄子

I had the pleasure of meeting your nephew in Hertfordshire.

费茨威廉上校,你好吗? Colonel Fitzwilliam. How do you do?

柯林斯先生,你不能坐在你妻子的旁边 移开,到那边去

Mr Collins, you can't sit next to your wife. Move. Over there.

Harvey, I wonder, could you get me the fish course...

哈维,我想 你能给我那以鱼作为主菜的...

I trust your family is in good health, Miss Elizabeth?

我相信你一家人身体都健康吧 伊丽莎白小姐?

是的,谢谢

They are, thank you.

My eldest sister is in London. Perhaps you saw her there.

我的大姐在伦敦 可能你在那里见过她了

我还未有幸能...

I haven't been fortunate enough...

你会弹钢琴吗 班纳特小姐?

Do you play the pianoforte, Miss Bennet?

- A little, ma'am, and very poorly. - Do you draw?

- 一点点,夫人,而且非常差劲 - 你会绘画吗?

不,一点都不会 No, not at all.

你的姐妹呢?她们会绘画吗? Your sisters, do they draw?

Not one. 没有一个会

这倒很稀奇

That's very strange.

I suppose you had no opportunity.

我猜想你们是没机会学吧

你们的母亲应该带你们去城里面投名师才对

Your mother should've taken you to town for the benefit of the masters.

我母亲是不会反对 可是我父亲厌恶城里 My mother wouldn't have minded, but my father hates town.

- Has your governess left you? - We never had a governess.

- 你们的女家庭教师走了吗? - 我们从来就没有请过女家庭教师

No governess? Five daughters brought up at home without a governess?

没有女家庭教师?家里教养着五个姑娘 却

不请个女教庭教师?

我从来都没有听说过这种事情,你母亲 简直是做奴隶似的教育你们

I never heard such a thing. Your mother must've been a slave to your education.

凯瑟琳夫人 事实并非那样 Not at all, Lady Catherine.

你的妹妹们有没有哪一个已经 出来参加社交了?

Your younger sisters, are they out in society?

- 有,太太,全都出来社交了 - 全部? - Yes, ma'am, all. - All?

What, all five out at once? That's very odd. 什么,五个姐妹同时出来社交? 真奇怪

And you second. The younger ones out before the elders are married?

而你,排行第二,姐姐还没嫁人 妹妹就出来社交?

你的妹妹们一定还很小吧

Your youngest sisters must be very young.

Yes, my youngest is not 1 6. 是的,最小的还没到16岁

如果年少的妹妹因为年长的姐姐 But it would be hard on younger sisters

没有结婚而不能进行社交活动

not to have their amusement because the elder is still unmarried.

It would hardly encourage sisterly affection. 这一点都不会增进姐妹感情

Upon my word, you give your opinion very decidedly for so young a person.

真想不到,你这么小的一个人 倒有这样的主见

Pray, what is your age? 请问,你几岁啦?

With three younger sisters grown up, you can hardly expect me to own to it.

我已经有了三个成人的妹妹,你老人家 总不会再要我招出年纪来吧

过来,班纳特小姐 为我们弹奏一曲 Come, Miss Bennet, and play for us.

- No, I beg you. - For music is my delight. - 不,我恳求你 - 音乐会使我高兴

实际上 目前在英国,没有几个人能像我一样

In fact, there are few people in England

真正欣赏音乐

who have more true enjoyment of music.

Or better natural taste. 也没有人比我趣味更高

要是学了音乐 一定会成为一个名家

If I had ever learnt, I should've been a great proficient.

So would Anne, if her health would've allowed her.

安娜要是身体好 也一定会成为一个名家的

I'm not afflicted with false modesty, when I say I play poorly...

我不是虚假的表达我的谦虚 当我说我差的时候...

过来,伊丽莎白,尊贵的夫人要求着 Come, Lizzie, her Ladyship demands it.

How does Georgiana get along, Darcy? 乔治安娜现在学的怎么样啦,达西?

- She plays very well. - I hope she practises. - 她弹得非常好 - 我希望她有常练习

卓越的技能无一例外的需要持久的练习的 No excellence can be acquired without constant practice.

我对柯林斯夫人说过这个 I've told Mrs Collins this.

虽然你没有琴 我却十分欢迎你来罗新斯花园

Though you have no instrument, you're welcome to come to Rosings

and play on the pianoforte in the housekeeper's room.

在管家的房间里面弹钢琴

你在那里不会妨碍任何人

You'll be in nobody's way in that part of the house.

你这样走过来听 莫不是想吓唬我? You mean to frighten me by coming in all your state to hear me.

尽管你妹妹的确演奏得很好 我也不怕 But I won't be alarmed, even if your sister does play so well.

I know that I cannot alarm you even should I wish it.

就算想吓唬你 我知道是没法如愿的

What was my friend like in Hertfordshire? 我的朋友在赫特福德郡表现的怎么样

You really care to know? 你真的想知道?

Prepare yourself for something very dreadful. 我先得请你不要害怕

The first time I saw him, he danced with nobody,

当我第一次见到他时 他不和任何人跳舞

尽管男客很少

though gentlemen were scarce

当时在场的女客中 没有舞伴而闲坐一旁的女客可不止一位

and there was more than one lady without a partner.

- 当时舞会上除了自己人,我谁都不认识 - 舞会里是不兴请人介绍女伴的

- I knew nobody beyond my own party. - Nobody can be introduced at a ball.

费茨威廉,我需要你帮忙

[Lady Catherine] Fitzwilliam, I need you.

I do not have the talent 我没有那种本领

of conversing easily with people I have never met before.

遇到向来不认识的人也能任情谈笑

也许你应该听从你伯母的意见多练习

Perhaps you should take your aunt's advice and practise.

亲爱的吉英... [Lizzie] Dear Jane...

达西先生 Mr Darcy.

请,请坐

Please, do be seated.

柯林斯夫妇到村里去了

Mr and Mrs Collins have gone to the village.

This is a charming house. 这是座迷人的房子

I believe my aunt did a great deal to it when Mr Collins first arrived.

我相信柯林斯先生初到这得时候 凯瑟琳夫人一定在这上面费了好大一番心思吧

我相信是她费了一番心思 I believe so.

她的好心并没有白费,因为天下再也找不出 一个比柯林斯先生更懂得感恩报德的人了 She could not have bestowed her kindness on a more grateful subject.

- Shall I call for some tea? - No, thank you. - 需要为你叫一杯茶么? - 不用了,谢谢

祝你一天愉快,伊丽莎白小姐 能与你聊天是我的荣幸

Good day, Miss Elizabeth, it's been a pleasure.

你对我们可怜的达西先生到底做了什么啊?

What on earth have you done to poor Mr Darcy?

我一点头绪都没有 I have no idea.

[Collins] Every mind must have some counsellor

每个灵魂都需要安抚者

to whom it may apply for consolation in distress.

在悲痛中能安抚你

还有其他很多便利是别人能给与 但是我们无法提供的

There are many conveniences which others can supply and we cannot procure.

I have in view those objects 以我的观点看来那些便利

是需要通过交流来获得的...

which are only to be obtained through intercourse...

Forgive me, through the intercourse of friendship or civility.

请原谅, 从友谊和礼节上的交流

On such occasions, the proud man steps forth to meet you not with cordiality,

在那种情况下,骄傲的人主动与你接触 不是出于他的诚恳

而是出于一个像对敌人般的怀疑... but with the suspicion of one who reconnoitres an enemy...

- How long do you plan to stay? - As long as Darcy chooses.

- 你打算住多久? - 达西住多久我就住多

- 我得听他调遣 - 看起来每个人都是如此 - I am at his disposal. - Everyone appears to be.

我不懂他为什么不还不结婚 结了婚不就是可以有个人一辈子听他摆布了吗? I wonder he does not marry and secure a lasting convenience of that kind.

- 能达西太太,是件幸运的事 - 真的么? - She would be a lucky woman. - Really?

Darcy is a most loyal companion. 达西是一个对同伴最忠诚的人

他最近才拯救了他的一个朋友

He recently came to the rescue of one of his friends.

What happened? 发生了什么事?

他把他的朋友从一门鲁莽的婚事中拯救出来

He saved him from an imprudent marriage.

Who's the man? 那个人是谁?

His closest friend, Charles Bingley. 他最亲近的朋友,查尔斯·彬格莱

Did Mr Darcy give a reason for this interference?

达西先生有没有说 他为了什么理由要管人家闲事?

那位小姐有些条件不大够格?

There were apparently strong objections to the lady.

什么条件? 不富裕?

What kind of objections? Her lack of fortune?

我想是她的家庭被认为是门不当户不对的?

I think it was her family that was considered unsuitable.

- 所以他就去拆散他们? - 我相信是的. 我只知道这么多了

- So he separated them? - I believe so. I know nothing else.

伊丽莎白小姐 Miss Elizabeth.

I have struggled in vain and can bear it no longer.

我实在没有办法死捱活撑下去了

这几个月对于我来说是一种折磨 我来罗新斯只是为了见你

These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings only to see you.

I have fought against judgement, my family's expectation,

我在与世俗的看法,与我家族的期望对抗

the inferiority of your birth, my rank. 与你的身世,与我的阶级对抗

我要把他们统统抛开,让你终结我的痛苦 I will put them aside and ask you to end my agony.

- 我不明白你在说什么 - 我爱你 - I don't understand. - I love you.

最真挚的爱 Most ardently.

请给与我荣幸,接受我的手吧

Please do me the honour of accepting my hand.

先生,我感激你的挣扎

Sir, I appreciate the struggle you have been through,

但我非常遗憾,给你的只有痛苦

and I am very sorry to have caused you pain.

这个决定是潜意思下的 It was unconsciously done.

- 这就是你的回复? - 是的,先生 - Is this your reply? - Yes, sir.

- 你是在嘲笑我吗? - 不 - Are you laughing at me? - No.

你是在拒绝我? Are you rejecting me?

我相信,你心中阶级的门槛会 帮助你克服痛苦

I'm sure the feelings which hindered your regard will help you overcome it.

我能否问你 为什么我竟会遭受如此无礼的拒绝?

Might I ask why with so little civility I am thus repulsed?

那么我能否问你,为什么你说喜欢我 是违背了你自己的判断力?

I might enquire why you told me you liked me against your better judgement?

要是我果真是无礼的 那么,这还不够作为我无礼的理由吗?

If I was uncivil, then that is some excuse.

- 但你知道我还有别的理由 - 什么理由? - But you know I have other reasons. - What reasons?

一个毁我最亲爱的姐姐幸福的人

Do you think anything might tempt me to accept the man who has ruined

the happiness of a most beloved sister? 怎么会打动我的心去爱他呢?

你能否认你拆散了一对相爱的恋人

Do you deny that you separated a young couple who loved each other,

让你的朋友被大家指责为朝三暮四 exposing your friend to censure for caprice

and my sister to derision for disappointed hopes,

让我的姐姐被大家嘲笑为奢望空想

你叫他们俩受尽了痛苦?

involving them both in acute misery?

- 我并没有否认这些 - 你怎么能做出这样的事情?

- I do not deny it. - How could you do it?

我认为你姐姐觉得他无关紧要

I believed your sister indifferent to him.

我觉得他的爱要比她更多

I realised his attachment was deeper than hers.

那是因为她害羞! She's shy!

彬格莱被说服了,她的感觉并不强列 Bingley was persuaded she didn't feel strongly.

- 是你说的 - 我这样做是为了他好 - You suggested it. - For his own good.

我姐姐几乎都不向我表露她真实的感觉 My sister hardly shows her true feelings to me.

我怀疑是因为他富有的关系?

I suppose his fortune had some bearing?

I wouldn't do your sister the dishonour. 我无意使你姐姐难堪

- It was suggested... - What was? - 这暗示着... - 什么?

It was clear an advantageous marriage... 这门婚事明显是为了谋取利益的...

- 我姐姐给你那种印象? - 不!

- Did my sister give that impression? - No!

- 不. 有, 然而,你的家人... - 我们对社交的渴求?

- No. There was, however, your family... - Our want of connection?

- 不,比那更甚 - 怎样更甚,先生? - No, it was more than that. - How, sir?

你母亲,你妹妹们,你父亲 有失身份的表现

The lack of propriety shown by your mother, younger sisters and your father.

请原谅我,你和你的姐姐当然排除在外 Forgive me. You and your sister I must exclude from this.

那韦翰先生又怎样?

And what about Mr Wickham?

Mr Wickham? 韦翰先生?

What excuse can you give for your behaviour? 你对他的所作所为 又能给出什么借口?

- You take an eager interest. - He told me of his misfortunes.

- 你对他的确十分关心 - 他告诉了我他的不幸遭遇

- Oh, they have been great. - You ruin his chances

- 哦,他的确太不幸啦 - 你毁了他

现在更讥讽他

yet treat him with sarcasm.

这就是你对我的看法? So this is your opinion of me?

谢谢,只怪我老老实实地把我以前 一误再误、迟疑不决的原因说了出来

Thank you. Perhaps these offences might have been overlooked

所以伤害了你的自尊心,否则你也许 就不会计较我得罪你的这些地方了

had not your pride been hurt by my scruples about our relationship.

难道你指望我会为你 那些微贱的亲戚而欢欣鼓舞吗?

I am to rejoice in the inferiority of your circumstances?

这就是一个绅士的措辞?

And those are the words of a gentleman.

Your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others

你十足狂妄自大、自私自利、看不起别人

made me realise you were the last man in the world I could ever marry.

让我认识到,哪怕天下男人都死光了 我也不愿意嫁给你

原谅我,小姐 耽搁了你这么多的时间 Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time.

我是来给你这个的 I came to leave you this.

我自然不会再提起令你极度厌恶的感情 I shall not renew the sentiments which were so disgusting to you.

但如果可以,我想把你对我的两个误会也说清楚

But if I may, I will address the two offences you have laid against me.

我父亲爱韦翰先生就像爱自己亲生儿子一样

My father loved Mr Wickham as a son.

父亲留给他一个富裕的生活 但自从我父亲去世以后

He left him a generous living. But upon my father's death,

韦翰先生就声称他无意去受圣职

Mr Wickham announced he had no intention of taking orders.

He demanded the value of the living, which he'd gambled away within weeks.

他把他的身家在数周内全部 挥霍豪赌,输光了

然后他就写信给我 需要更多的钱,我断然拒绝了他

He then wrote, demanding more money, which I refused.

After which, he severed all acquaintance. 从那以后 与他的联系就完全中断了

去年的夏天,他回来找我们 突然告知对我妹妹的强烈爱慕

He came back to see us last summer, and declared passionate love for my sister,

whom he tried to persuade to elope with him. 我妹妹竟被他打动了心 答应要跟他私奔

妹妹她将会继承三万英镑的遗产 She is to inherit £30, 000.

但当遗嘱确认他将不会从中得到一个便士时 他马上就消失了

When it was made clear he would never receive a penny of it, he disappeared.

我想,我不需要多费唇舌告诉你 当时的乔治安娜是有多失望了吧

I will not attempt to convey the depth of Georgiana's despair.

那年她才15岁啊 She was 15 years old.

As to the other matter, of your sister and Mr Bingley,

至于另外一件事 关于你的姐姐和彬格莱先生

虽然驱使我的理由也许不充分

though the motives which governed me may appear insufficient,

they were in the service of a friend. 但那是我作为他的朋友的一种义务

伊丽莎白 Lizzie.

Are you all right? 你还好么?

我自己也不知道 I hardly know.

伊丽莎白,你现在能赶回来真是时候

Lizzie. How fortunate you have arrived.

你的舅舅和舅母把吉英从伦敦送回来了 Your aunt and uncle are here to deliver Jane from London.

- How is Jane? - She's in the drawing room. - 吉英怎样了? - 她现在在绘画室里面

我已经完全忘却他了,就算在街上和他擦肩而过 我也难以与他相认了

I'm quite over him. If he passed me in the street, I'd hardly notice.

伦敦充满了各种各样有趣的事物,这是真的 London is so diverting. It's true.

那里有太多的娱乐了

There's so much to entertain.

在肯特郡,有什么消息阿? What news from Kent?

Nothing. 没什么

起码没有什么可以让我消遣的 At least not much to entertain.

伊丽莎白,告诉妈妈! Lizzie, tell Mama!

不要再大题小作了 Stop making such a fuss.

- Why didn't she ask me as well? - Because I'm better company.

- 为什么费斯托太太不让我去? - 因为我是个更好的同伴

- 怎么回事了? - 我更合适

- What's the matter? - I've just as much right.

让我们都去吧 Let's all go.

丽迪雅被邀请去与费斯托家 一同去白利屯 Lydia's been invited to Brighton with the Forsters.

在海中沐浴将会使我更加美丽 Sea-bathing would set me up nicely.

我可以和军官们每晚一起共度晚餐 I shall dine with the officers every night.

爸爸,不要让她去 Papa, don't let her go.

丽迪雅非要到公共场所之类的地方去 出一出丑,是决不肯罢休的

Lydia will never be easy until she's exposed herself in some public place.

她这次要去出丑,既不必花家里的钱 又用不着家里麻烦,真难得有这样的机会呢 And we could never expect her to do it with so little inconvenience.

如果爸爸你不制止她 If you do not check her,

she'll be fixed as the silliest flirt who ever made her family ridiculous.

她会被挂上愚蠢的卖俏者的花名 弄得我们全家都惹人笑话的

And Kitty will follow, as always. 吉蒂也会一如既往地跟随着

伊丽莎白,如果丽迪雅不走 我们永无安宁的生活

Lizzie, we shall have no peace until she goes.

Is that really all you care about? 原来这才是你关心的?

费斯托上校是个有见识的人 Colonel Forster is a sensible man.

He will keep her out of any real mischief. 他不会让她闯出什么祸事来的

And she's too poor to be an object of prey to anyone.

她太穷,谁也不会看中她

爸爸,但是这样做很危险 It's dangerous.

I am certain the officers will find women better worth their while.

我肯定军官们会找到更中意的对象

Let us hope, in fact, that her stay in Brighton 我们但愿她到了白利屯以后

能令她意识到自己的无足轻重 will teach her her own insignificance.

At any rate, she can hardly grow any worse. 无论怎样 她再坏也坏不到哪里去

如果她变得更加差劲,我们有义务将 她一辈子关在家里

If she does, we'd be obliged to lock her up for the rest of her life.

Lizzie, you're welcome to accompany us. 伊丽莎白,我们希望你能加入我们的旅程

是去山区,不是白利屯 The Peak District is not Brighton.

陆军军官都挺消瘦的 这可能会改变你的决定

Officers are thin on the ground which may influence your decision.

与我们一同去山区吧 伊丽莎白,去呼吸一下新鲜空气

Come to the Peak District with us, Lizzie, and get some fresh air.

The glories of nature. What are men compared to rocks and mountains? 大自然的风光,人怎么能与山石相比

男人只懂得什么叫做傲慢与愚蠢

Men are either eaten up with arrogance or stupidity.

除非没大脑 不然他们不会老实敦厚 If they are amiable, they have no minds of their own.

注意你的言语,我亲爱的 你这句话充满了苦涩的味道

Take care, my love. That savours strongly of bitterness.

在罗新斯的时候,我见到了达西先生 I saw Mr Darcy when I was at Rosings.

[Jane] Why did you not tell me? 你为什么不告诉我?

他提到了彬格莱先生吗? Did he mention Mr Bingley? No. 没有

他一点也没有 [Lizzie] No, he did not.

噢,人怎能与山石相比?

[Mr Gardiner] Oh, what are men compared to rocks and mountains?

或者马车与其相比?

[Mrs Gardiner] Or carriages that work?

[Lizzie] Where exactly are we? 我们现在确切地在那里?

离彭布利很近了

[Mrs Gardiner] Quite close to Pemberley.

- Mr Darcy's home? - That's the fellow. - 达西先生的家? - 就是他

真是一个富饶的湖区 我真的很想去看看 [Mr Gardiner] Very well-stocked lake. I've a hankering to see it.

噢,不要,我们不要去 Oh, no, let's not.

那个,他比较... Well, he's so...

我不打算去,因为他...他比较那个... I'd rather not, he's so... he's so...

- 他怎么了? - 他太富有 - So what? - So rich.

我的天,伊丽莎白 你真是一个势利的人啊! By heavens, Lizzie, what a snob you are!

拒绝达西先生就因为他的富有 可怜的他一定难以接受

Objecting to Mr Darcy because of his wealth. The poor man can't help it.

他不会在那里的了 这些人从来都不会呆在家里的

He won't be there anyway. These great men are never at home.

Keep up. 跟上

- 您的主人在家的日子多吗? - 并没有我所期盼的那么多

- Is your master much at home? - Not as much as I would wish.

但他绝对喜欢这里

[housekeeper] He dearly loves it here.

要是你主人结婚了 你见到他的时候就会多些

[Mrs Gardiner] If he should marry, you might see more of him.

他与他父亲真的很像

[housekeeper] He's a lot like his father.

当我的丈夫病了的时候 达西先生都忙不过来

[housekeeper] When my husband was ill, Mr Darcy couldn't do enough.

但他马上为我安排了仆人

[housekeeper] He just organised the servants for me.

This is he, Mr Darcy. 这就是他,达西先生

英俊的面庞

A handsome face.

伊丽莎白,这像他么? Lizzie, is it a true likeness?

这位年轻的小姐原来跟达西先生相熟? Does the young lady know Mr Darcy?

不太熟 Only a little.

Do you not think him a handsome man, miss? 你不觉得他是位英俊的少爷吗,小姐?

是的,很英俊 Yes.

是的,我敢说他是英俊的 Yes, I dare say he is.

这是他的妹妹,乔治安娜小姐 This is his sister, Miss Georgiana.

她成天弹琴唱歌

She sings and plays all day long.

她现在在家么? Is she at home?

[piano plays]

伊丽莎白小姐

Miss Elizabeth.

- I thought you were in London. - No. - 我以为你在伦敦 - 不

不,我不在伦敦 No, I'm not. 不在 No.

- 我们不会来的,要是知道... - 我提早一天回来了...

- We would not have come... - I came back a day early...

我与我的舅舅和舅母一起来的 I'm with my aunt and uncle.

你们的旅途愉快么?

And are you having a pleasant trip?

非常开心 Very pleasant.

- 我们明天就去马特洛克 - 明天?

- Tomorrow we go to Matlock. - Tomorrow?

- 你打算在浪博恩停留? - 是的,住在玫瑰花冠旅馆

- Are you staying at Lambton? - Yes, at the Rose and Crown.

Yes.

当然

非常抱歉,闯入你的家 I'm so sorry to intrude.

舅舅他们说这是对造访者开放的 我自己不清楚

They said the house was open for visitors. I had no idea.

- 我可以送你回村庄去吗? - 不用 - May I see you back to the village? - No.

- 我非常喜欢徒步行走 - 是的 - I'm very fond of walking. - Yes.

是的,我知道 Yes, I know.

Goodbye, Mr Darcy. 再见,达西先生

这边请,先生 [man] This way, sir.

Are you sure you wouldn't like to join us? 你确定不不打算加入我们?

我们刚才才见到达西先生 你没有告诉过我们你曾经见过他

We've just met Mr Darcy. You didn't tell us that you'd seen him.

他邀请我们与他明天一同吃顿便饭 他是一个很有礼貌的人, 不是吗?

He's asked us to dine with him tomorrow. He was very civil, was he not?

- 非常有礼貌 - 他一点都不像你描述的那样

- Very civil. - Not at all how you'd painted him.

和他吃顿便饭? To dine with him?

他说话的时候,你总能从他的语气中 感受到某种愉悦

There's something pleasant about his mouth when he speaks.

你不介意这样会延误我们的旅程吧?

You don't mind delaying our journey another day?

他特别点名要你去,见她的妹妹 He particularly wants you to meet his sister.

她的妹妹 His sister.

伊丽莎白小姐! Miss Elizabeth!

我的妹妹,乔治安娜 My sister, Miss Georgiana.

我哥哥给我讲很多关于你的事情

My brother has told me so much about you,

- 我觉到我们俩就像老朋友一样了 - 谢谢 - I feel as if we are friends already. - Thank you.

- 钢琴真漂亮 - 我哥哥给我的

- What a beautiful pianoforte. - My brother gave it to me.

- 他不应该给我的 - 我当然应该 - He shouldn't have. - I should have.

- 好吧 - 她真容易被说服,不是么?

- Very well then. - Easily persuaded, is she not?

有一次,你哥哥非常不幸的要整晚 听我演奏糟糕的钢琴

He once had to put up with my playing.

- 但他说你弹得非常好 - 那是他的自欺 - He says you play so well. - Then he has perjured himself.

- 我是说“挺好的” - 是“挺好的”,不是“非常好”

- I said "quite well". - "Quite well" is not "very well".

这样我就满意了 I'm satisfied.

- 嘉丁纳先生,你喜欢钓鱼么? - 非常地喜欢

- Mr Gardiner, are you fond of fishing? - Very

much.

今天下午你有兴趣陪我 一起去湖边钓鱼么?

Would you accompany me to the lake this afternoon?

Its occupants have been left in peace too long.

湖边的居民已经离开 很长一段时间了

- 我将会非常乐意 - 你会二重奏吗,伊丽莎白小姐?

- I would be delighted. - Do you play duets, Miss Elizabeth?

- Only when forced. - Brother, you must force her.

- 只有在强迫的情况下才会 - 哥哥,你可得要强迫她

钓鱼棒极了,好的搭档 多么好的一个小子阿

[Mr Gardiner] Splendid fishing, good company. What a capital fellow.

太感谢你了,达西先生

[Mrs Gardiner] Thank you so much, Mr Darcy.

你的一封信,小姐 A letter for you, madam.

噢,是来自吉英的 Oh, it's from Jane.

这真是可怕的消息 It is the most dreadful news.

丽迪雅逃走了... Lydia has run away...

...和韦翰先生一起 ...with Mr Wickham.

They are gone to Lord knows where. 他们去了只有上帝才知道的地方

她没钱没势 我怕她会永远消失了

She has no money, no connections. I fear she is lost forever.

这是我的错 This is my fault.

If only I had exposed Wickham when I should. 我应该把韦翰先生的事情早讲出来好了

No, this is my fault. 不,这是我的错

如果我告诉我的妹妹 就可以阻止这一切的发生

I might have prevented all this by being open with my sisters.

有人去寻找她了么?

[Mrs Gardiner] Has anything been done to recover her?

我父亲去了伦敦 但我认为一定毫无办法 My father has gone to London, but I know nothing can be done.

我们实在不敢存一线希望 We have not the smallest hope.

希望我能帮助你 Would I could help you.

先生,我想这已经太迟了 Sir, I think it is too late.

这真的令人伤心 我让你平静一下,告辞 This is grave indeed. I will leave you. Goodbye.

我们要马上启程

[Mr Gardiner] We must go at once.

在丽迪雅毁了家人以前 我会去找班纳特先生,和他一同寻找丽迪雅

I will join Mr Bennet and find Lydia before she ruins the family.

[Mrs Bennet] Why did the Forsters let her out of their sight?

费斯托太太怎么竟放心让她 离开他们跟前呢?

我一直觉得他们不配照管她

I always said they were unfit to take charge of her.

- 现在,她已经被糟蹋了 - 你们的声名都被

玷污了

- And now she is ruined. - You are all ruined.

有这样一个堕落的妹妹 现在谁会要你们? Who will take you now with a fallen sister?

可怜的班纳特先生一定会和 背信弃义的韦翰拼个你死我活

Poor Mr Bennet will now have to fight the perfidious Wickham

他一定会被韦翰活活打死 and then be killed.

爸爸还没有找到他,妈妈 He hasn't found him yet, Mama.

他尸骨未寒,柯林斯先生就会把我们撵出去 Mr Collins will turn us out before he is cold.

别那么惊慌,舅舅正在伦敦帮忙寻找着呢 Do not be so alarmed. Our uncle is in London helping in the search.

丽迪雅肯定知道这样做会令到我神经错乱 Lydia must know what this must be doing to my nerves.

我现在全身发抖,抽筋!

Such flutterings and spasms all over me!

我亲爱的宝贝丽迪雅, 我的小宝宝! My baby Lydia, my baby!

How could she do such a thing to her poor mama?

她怎么能对你可怜的妈妈做这种事情?

- 你不能这样做! - 别孩子气了

- You can't do that! - Don't be such a baby.

- Kitty, give it to me. - Who's it for? - 吉蒂,给我 - 这是给谁的?

地址上写的是给爸爸的 It's addressed to Papa.

这是舅舅的笔迹 It's in Uncle's writing.

爸爸,有一封信 Papa, there's a letter.

- 先让我喘口气 - 是舅舅的笔迹

- Let me catch my breath. - It's in Uncle's writing.

- 他找到他们了 - 他们结婚了么? - He's found them. - Are they married?

- 我看不清他写什么 - 给我

- I can't make out his script. - Give it to me.

他们结婚了么? Are they married?

如果父亲每年给她一百英镑 他们就结婚,这是他的条件

They will be if Father settles £1 00 a year on her. That is his condition.

- 你会接受吗, 父亲? - 当然

- You will agree to this, Father? - Of course.

天知道你舅舅已经花了多少钱 在那个卑鄙的人身上

God knows how much your uncle must've laid on that wretched man.

你是什么意思? What do you mean?

没有人会因为仅仅每年一百磅的条件 No man would marry Lydia

去娶丽迪雅的

under so slight a temptation as £1 00 a year.

你舅舅肯定很慷慨(给了他很多钱) Your uncle must've been very generous.

你说,总数会是一个大数目么? Do you think it a large sum?

韦翰要是拿不到一万镑就答应娶丽迪雅 那他才是个大傻瓜呢

Wickham's a fool if he accepts less than £1 0,000.

- 天地不容! - 父亲! - Heaven forbid! - Father!

丽迪雅结婚了,而且是在15岁! Lydia married and at 1 5 too!

去拉铃叫希尔来,吉蒂 Ring the bell, Kitty.

我要穿好衣服去告诉卢卡斯女士这个消息 噢,去看看她的表情

I must put on my things and tell Lady Lucas. Oh, to see her face.

告诉仆人们,他们将会有一大碗桃子

Tell the servants they will have a bowl of punch.

- 我们应该去感谢舅舅 - 他应该帮忙的 - We should thank our uncle. - So he should help.

他比我们有钱得多,而且没有孩子 女儿出嫁咯!

He's far richer than us and has no children. Daughter married!

那就是你关心的?

Is that really all you think about?

当你有五个女儿的时候 你再告诉我你的想法

When you have five daughters, tell me what else will occupy your thoughts.

到了那时,可能你就理解了 Then perhaps you'll understand.

You don't know what he's like. 你根本连他长什么样都不知道

- 丽迪雅! - 噢,妈妈! - Lydia! - Oh, Mama!

我们在马车上遇到莎拉·辛的房子 We passed Sarah Sims in her carriage.

我就脱下手套,好让她看到我的戒指

So I took off my glove so she might see the ring.

然后我弯腰大笑,就像...

Then I bowed and smiled like anything...

我相信她连你一半的风光都没有,我亲爱的 I'm sure she was not half as radiant as you, my dear.

谁叫她们不到白利屯去 You must all go to Brighton.

里才那是个找丈夫的地方 但愿你们有我一半好运就好啦

That is the place to get husbands. I hope you have half my good luck. 丽迪雅 Lydia.

我要知道每一细节,丽迪雅,亲爱的 I want to hear every little detail, Lydia, dear.

我在北英格兰被应征入伍

I've been enlisted in a regiment in the North of England.

那真好

Glad to hear it.

在纽卡斯尔附近 我们下个星期就会去那里 Near Newcastle. We travel there next week.

- 我能和你们一起去么? - 问都不必问 - Can I come and stay with you? - That is out of the question.

星期一我还是疯疯癫癫大题小作

[Lydia] Monday morning came and I was in such a fuss.

我不想听这些

I don't want to hear.

舅母一直不住嘴地讲呀,说呀 好像是在传道似的

[Lydia] There was my aunt preaching away as if reading a sermon.

- 她极度不不高兴 - 你知道为什么吗? - She was horrid unpleasant. - Can't you understand why?

但我一个字都听不进因为我满脑子 都在惦记我亲爱的韦翰

But I didn't hear a word because I was thinking of my dear Wickham.

我一心想要知道 他是不是穿着那件蓝制服去结婚

I longed to know if he'd be married in his bluecoat.

北英格兰,我相信那里会有很多壮观的景色的

The North of England, I believe, boasts some spectacular scenery.

所以我想,如果他不能回来 谁会是最佳的人选呢?

So I thought, who is to be our best man if he doesn't come back?

幸好,他回来了 否则我会去找达西先生的 Lucky, he did, or I would've had to ask Mr Darcy.

- 达西先生! - 我怎么完全忘了! - Mr Darcy! - I forgot!

- 这事我应该一字不提才对 - 达西先生在你的婚礼上?

- But I shouldn't have said a word. - Mr Darcy was at your wedding?

就是他找到我们的

He was the one that discovered us.

他给了婚礼的费用 和韦翰在军队的委托金等等

He paid for the wedding, Wickham's commission, everything.

但是他告诉我要我保密

But he told me not to tell.

- 达西先生? - 不要这样, 伊丽莎白 - Mr Darcy? - Stop it, Lizzie.

有时,你比达西先生更加显得高傲

Mr Darcy's not half as high and mighty as you sometimes.

吉蒂,看过我的戒指了么? Kitty, have you seen my ring?

常常写信给我吧,好孩子 Write to me often, my dear.

结了婚的女人是没有什么工夫写信的 Married women never have much time for writing.

我相信你没有

I dare say you won't.

那时我嫁给你爸爸的时候,时间根本不够用 When I married your father, there didn't seem to be enough hours in the day.

我的姐妹们倒可以写信给我的 反正她们无事可做

My sisters may write to me, for they'll have nothing else to do.

同自己的孩子离别,真是再难受不过的事 There's nothing so bad as parting with one's children.

他们走了,我好像失去了归宿 One seems so forlorn without them.

- 再见 - 再见,丽迪雅,再见,韦翰先生 - Goodbye. - Goodbye, Lydia. Goodbye, Mr Wickham.

- 再见,吉蒂 - 再见,爸爸 Bye, Kitty. Bye, Papa.

真难想象你爸爸以后会怎样用掉 那么多的墨水

I can't imagine what your father does with all that ink.

班纳特夫人

Mrs Bennet.

你听到一些消息了么? 彬格莱先生回来尼日斐花园了

Did you hear the news, madam? Mr Bingley is returning to Netherfield.

尼可斯夫人订了猪肉 明天她打算招待他 Mrs Nichols is ordering a haunch of pork. She expects him tomorrow.

明天? Tomorrow?

我关心的不是他 彬格莱对我们来说算不了什么

Not that I care. Mr Bingley's nothing to us.

我永远都不想再见到他,再也不 I'm sure I never want to see him again, no.

我们不应该提起这个事情 他是不是确定回来?

We shan't mention a word about it. Is it quite certain he's coming?

是的,夫人,我相信他还是单身 他的妹妹还在城镇里

Yes, madam. I believe he's alone. His sister remains in town.

为什么他会认为我们有兴趣 我不知道,跟我来,孩子们

Why he thinks we should be interested, I've no idea. Come along, girls.

我们最好现在马上回家告诉班纳特老爷 We better go home at once and tell Mr Bennet.

真是厚颜无耻 我在想他有没有胆量现身 The impudence of the man. I wonder he dare show his face.

别这样,伊丽莎白 It's all right, Lizzie.

他还是单身我真高兴 因为这样我们就可以少点见到他

I'm just glad he's alone because we shall see less of him.

我并不为自己担心 但我怕人们的风言风语 Not that I'm afraid of myself. But I dread other

people's remarks.

噢, 对不起 Oh, I'm sorry.

[humming]

他到了,他到了,他就在门口 He's here. He's here. He's at the door.

- 彬格莱先生! - 彬格莱先生? - Mr Bingley! - Mr Bingley?

噢,我的天啊! 所有人都表现得自然点 Oh, my goodness! Everybody behave naturally.

无论怎样 都不要太傲慢

And whatever you do, do not appear overbearing.

还有一个人跟随他一同来 叫什么先生,一个自负的人

There's someone with him. Mr Whatsisname, the pompous one.

达西先生?这个傲慢的家伙 他在想什么,他来这里干什么?

[Mrs Bennet] Mr Darcy? The insolence of it. What does he think of, coming here?

不要紧张,吉英,曼丽,把它拿开 做点有用的事情,帮帮忙

Keep still, Jane. Mary, put that away at once. Find some useful employment.

噢,我的主啊,我要保持冷静,要主持好这里 我一定要

Oh, my Lord, I shall have a seizure, I'm sure I shall. 吉蒂 Kitty.

- 这个不能放在这里 - 曼丽,那些丝巾,丝巾

- We can't have this here. - Mary, the ribbons, the ribbons.

曼丽,马上坐好,曼丽! Mary, sit down at once. Mary!

达西先生和彬格莱先生到,夫人 Mr Darcy and Mr Bingley, ma'am.

真高兴能见到你,彬格莱先生

[Mrs Bennet] How glad we are to see you, Mr Bingley.

自从你走了以后,这带发生了好多事情 There have been many changes since you went away.

卢卡斯小姐结婚后了,有了归宿了 我自己的一个女儿也出了嫁

Miss Lucas is married and settled. And one of my own daughters too.

你可能在报纸上看到了吧

You will have seen it in the papers,

上面有消息,不过写得不成体统

though it was not put in as it ought to have been.

非常短,没有她家庭的介绍 Very short. Nothing about her family.

是的,我的确听说过 恭喜你们

Yes, I did hear of it. I offer my congratulations.

然而丽迪雅离开我身边 我又觉得难受 But it is very hard to have my Lydia taken away from me.

韦翰被调去纽卡斯尔

Mr Wickham has been transferred to Newcastle, wherever that is.

你会在乡村里呆很长的时间么? Will you stay long in the country?

只是几个星期,是来打猎的

Just a few weeks. For the shooting.

等你把你自己庄园里的鸟儿打完以后 When you've killed all your own birds,

请到班纳特老爷的庄园里来 你爱打多少就打多少

I beg you will come here and shoot as many as you please.

我相信他一定非常乐意让你来 而且会把最好的鹧鸪都留给你

Mr Bennet will be vastly happy to oblige and will save the best coveys for you.

太好了 Excellent.

- 你好吗,达西先生? - 非常好,谢谢 - Are you well, Mr Darcy? - Quite well, thank you.

我希望天气为你的捕猎保持晴朗 I hope the weather stays fine for your sport.

- 我明天就回城了 - 这么快?

- I return to town tomorrow. - So soon?

我的吉英看起来不错吧,不是吗? My Jane looks well, does she not?

她的确看起来很好 She does indeed.

好了,我想我们要走了 Well, we must be going, I think.

达西,能再次见到你们,我们感到高兴 Darcy. It's been very pleasant to see you all again.

伊丽莎白小姐,班纳特小姐 Miss Elizabeth. Miss Bennet.

你一定要再来

You must come again.

去年冬天,你答应要上我们这儿来吃顿便饭 Last winter, you promised to have a family dinner with us.

你要知道,我一直都这事放在心上 至少三道主菜呢

I've not forgot, you see. At least three courses.

请原谅 Excuse me.

非常特别

[Mrs Bennet] Most extraordinary.

我们当时走进去,然后她说,“请坐” We were going to walk in and she was going to say, "Sit down."

所以,我觉得... So, I feel...

噢,这真是一场灾难! Oh, it's a disaster, isn't it?

这是... It's been...

- 班纳特小姐 - 彬格莱先生 - Miss Bennet. - Mr Bingley.

我要直接走进去,然后说出来 I'll just go in and I'll just say it.

好,正是要这样 Yes, exactly.

我真为我和他之间结束了而高兴 现在我们两个相见就像毫不相关的两个人相见一样 I'm glad that's over. Now we can meet as indifferent acquaintances.

哦,是哦 Oh, yes.

你可别以为我那么软弱 到现在还会招来什么危险

You cannot think me so weak as to be in danger now.

我看你有极大的危险 会叫他如痴如醉地爱你

You are in great danger of making him as much in love with you as ever.

- 真抱歉,他把达西先生也带来了 - 别那样说

- I'm sorry he came with Mr Darcy. - Don't say that.

为什么? Why ever not? 吉英 Jane.

- 我一直以来都没有看到真相 - 你说的是什么意思?

- I've been so blind. - What do you mean?

看,是他 他回来了,他又来了

[Kitty] Look, it's him. He's back. He's come again.

我知道这次一切都很突然 I know this is all very untoward,

但我希望能有与班纳特小姐交谈的机会 but I would like to request the privilege of speaking to Miss Bennet.

单独交谈 Alone.

所有人立即都去厨房

Everybody to the kitchen immediately.

当然除了你,吉英,我亲爱的 Except you, Jane, dear, of course.

噢,彬格莱先生 能如此快再见到你,真是太好了

Oh, Mr Bingley, it's so good to see you again so soon.

首先,我要告诉你 我是一个最愚昧无知的蠢货

First, I must tell you I've been the most unmitigated and comprehensive ass.

吉蒂, 安静点 Kitty, be quiet.

我答应你

Yes.

千千万万次答应你 A thousand times yes.

感谢主啊 我以为这永远都不会发生 Thank the Lord for that. I thought it would never happen.

我相信他们在一起会幸福的

I am confident they will do well together.

他们的性格很相似

Their tempers are much alike.

他们那么好讲话 会被仆人们欺负的

They will be cheated assiduously by their servants.

他们都那么慷慨 到头来一定会入不敷出的 And be so generous with the rest, they will always exceed their income.

入不敷出? 他有伍千英镑一年 Exceed their income? He has 5,000 a year.

我一向认为她不会白白生得这样好看 I knew she did not be so beautiful for nothing.

“...要远离所有的违心

[Mary] "...must be free from all insincerity.

她只能把她自己设身处地放在

She only can address herself effectually to the feelings of others

那些思想随着感觉的暖意而发亮

whose mind glows with the warmth of sensibility

那些从定罪中延伸出来的争辨的人上思考问题

and whose arguments result from conviction.

她一定能感受到激情的变化

She must feel the influence of those passions and emotions

为她带来的启发...”

which she wishes to inspire..."

你会因为太幸福而死去吗? Can you die of happiness?

他说今年春天完全不知道我也在城里

He was ignorant of my being in town in the spring.

- 他有没有说明是什么缘故? - 他以为我不爱他

- How did he account for it? - He thought me indifferent.

- 好深不可测阿 - 一定是她妹妹说我坏话的

- Unfathomable. - No doubt poisoned by his sister.

精彩!我生平只听到你讲 这一句气量小的话

Bravo. That's the most unforgiving speech you've ever made.

噢,伊丽莎白,但愿你也会同样的幸福! Oh, Lizzie, if I could but see you so happy.

但愿你也能找到这一个人! If there was such a man for you.

也许柯林斯会有个弟弟或者哥哥的 Perhaps Mr Collins has a cousin.

[horses]

- 那是什么声音? - 什么? - What is that? - What?

也许他改变了主意

- [knocking] - Maybe he's changed his mind.

来啦! Coming!

是哪位? Yes.

凯瑟琳夫人 Lady Catherine.

这些都是你的孩子们,我想? The rest of your offspring, I presume?

还有一个不在,最小的女儿最近出嫁了 All but one. The youngest has been lately married, your Ladyship.

大女儿下午刚刚订婚

My eldest was proposed to only this afternoon.

- 你们这儿还有个小花园呢 - 我可以为你准备一杯茶么?

- You have a very small garden. - Could I offer you a cup of tea?

当然不需要,我只要 和伊丽莎白·班纳特单独交谈一会

Absolutely not. I need to speak to Miss Elizabeth Bennet alone.

有件要紧的事情

As a matter of urgency.

我这次上这儿来 你一定知道我是为了什么原因

You can be at no loss to understand why I am here.

我完全不明白你这次怎么这样看得起我们 会到这种地方来

I cannot account for this honour at all.

我警告你,我是决不肯 让人家来跟我开玩笑的

I warn you, I am not to be trifled with.

我听到一个极其惊人的消息

A most alarming report has reached me.

你快要攀上我的侄儿,达西先生

That you intend to be united with my nephew, Mr Darcy.

虽然我明知这是无稽之谈 虽然我不会那样看不起他,相信他真会

I know this to be a falsehood. Though not wishing to injure him

有这种事情,我还是当机立断 决定上这来一次,把我的意思说给你听

by supposing it possible, I instantly set off to make my sentiments known.

我真奇怪,你既然认为不会有这种事情 何必跑到这么远的地方来?

If you believed it impossible, I wonder that you came so far.

我是想亲耳听到这则消息是假的 To hear it contradicted.

如果外界真有这种流言 那么你赶到这反而会弄假成真

Your coming will be a confirmation if such a report exists.

如果?你假扮并无此事? If? You pretend to be ignorant of it?

这不全是你自己拼命传出去的吗?

Has it not been industriously circulated by yourself?

我从来没有听见过

I have never heard of it.

你能保证这次是空穴来风?

Can you declare there is no foundation for it?

我并不冒充我也向你老人家一样坦白 I do not pretend to possess equal frankness with your Ladyship.

你作为贵妇人可以向我问问题,但同时 我也有权利选择回答或者不回答

You may ask a question which I may choose not to answer.

我的侄子究竟向你求过婚没有?

Has my nephew made you an offer of marriage?

你老人家自己刚刚还说过 绝对不会有这种事情

Your Ladyship has declared it to be impossible.

达西先生早跟我的女儿订过婚了 好吧,你还有什么话要说?

Mr Darcy is engaged to my daughter. Now what have you to say?

如果他当真如此,那你就没有理由 认为他会向我求婚

If that is the case, you cannot suppose he would make an offer to me.

你真是自私,这门婚事从他们 小时候就已经定下来了

Selfish girl. This union has been planned since their infancy.

但忽然冒出来了个出身卑贱 门户低微的小妮子从中作梗?

Do you think it can be prevented by a woman of inferior birth

何况你的妹妹与人私奔的结果是 一门令人感到可耻的,破碎的婚事

whose own sister's elopement resulted in a scandalously patched-up marriage

还要用舅舅的钱来支付婚事费用

only achieved at the expense of your uncle.

我的上帝啊!难道我们彭布利已经 被你们这些人玷污了么?

Heaven and Earth! Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

爽爽快快告诉我 你究竟跟她订婚了没有? Tell me once and for all, are you engaged to him?

没有 I am not.

你愿意答应我,永远不跟他订婚吗? Will you promise never to enter into such an engagement?

我不能答应这种事

I will not and I certainly never shall.

你把我侮辱得够了

You have insulted me in every possible way

我不相再讲了

and can now have nothing further to say.

你现在马上给我离开

I must ask you to leave immediately.

晚安

Goodnight.

我一辈子都没有被这样对待过!

I have never been thus treated in my entire life!

- 发生什么事情了? - 只是个很小的误解 - [Mr Bennet] What is going on? - Just a small misunderstanding.

求求你们 让我一个人静一下!

[Lizzie] For once in your life, leave me alone!

- 我睡不着 - 我也是,我伯母... - I couldn't sleep. - Nor l. My aunt...

是的,她昨晚来过 Yes, she was here.

我真希望我可以为 昨晚的事情做出补偿? How can I ever make amends for such behaviour?

经过丽迪雅的事情后

After what you've done for Lydia

还有吉英的事情,我想 应该是我来做出补偿

and, I suspect, for Jane, it is I who should be making amends.

你必须知道 你一定要知道,这一切都是为了你所做的

You must know. Surely you must know it was all for you.

你是个爽快地人,绝不会开我的玩笑 You are too generous to trifle with me.

昨做你与我伯母的谈话 倒让我觉得事情有了希望

You spoke with my aunt last night and it has taught me to hope

以前我几乎不敢奢望

as I'd scarcely allowed myself before.

请你老实告诉我,你的心情是否还和 四月里一样

If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once.

我的心愿和情感依然如旧

My affections and wishes have not changed.

只要你说一句话 我便再也不提这桩事 But one word from you will silence me for ever.

如果 你的感觉改变的话...

If, however, your feelings have changed...

...我想告诉你

...I would have to tell you,

你把我的躯体和灵魂都占据了 我爱... you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love...

我爱...我爱你 I love... I love you.

从今天起我不想与你分开

I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

Well, then.

你的手好冷 Your hands are cold.

请关门

[Mr Bennet] Shut the door, please.

你疯了吗? 我以为你恨那个人

Lizzie, are you out of your senses? I thought you hated the man.

- 不,爸爸 - 他当然有的是钱,那是肯定的 - No, Papa. - He is rich, to be sure.

可以使你比吉英的马车更华丽

And you will have more fine carriages than Jane.

难道这就会使你幸福吗? But will that make you happy?

你认为我对他并没有感情 除此以外,你还有别的反对意见吗?

Have you no other objection than your belief in my indifference?

一点没有 None at all.

我们都知道他是傲慢而不易亲近的人 We all know him to be a proud, unpleasant sort of fellow.

不过,只要你真正喜欢他 这也无关紧要 But this would be nothing if you liked him.

我真的喜欢他 I do like him.

我爱他 I love him.

他不傲慢. 我是错的 我以前对他的看法是完全错的

He's not proud. I was wrong. I was entirely wrong about him.

你不了解他,爸爸 如果我告诉你他真正的一面

You don't know him, Papa. If I told you what

he was really like,

他做的事情... what he's done...

他做了什么? What has he done?

但她不喜欢他 我以为她不喜欢她 [Mrs Bennet] But she doesn't like him. I thought she didn't like him.

我也是这样想,我们以前都这样认为的 [Jane] So did l. So did we all.

我们都错了

[Jane] We must have been wrong.

- 这也不是第一次吧? - 不,我敢说,也不会是最后一次

- It won't be the first time, will it? - No, nor the last, I dare say.

我的天 Good Lord.

- 我必须要偿还他 - 不 - I must pay him back. - No.

你不能告诉其他人 他不希望那样 You mustn't tell anyone. He wouldn't want it.

我们误解他了,爸爸 我对他的误解比你们都深,都深

We misjudged him, Papa. Me more than anyone. In every way.

并不只是这件事 Not just in this matter.

我真是愚昧无知阿 I've been nonsensical.

但在吉英的事情上,他就像个蠢蛋一样 对很多事都是这样

But he's been a fool about Jane, about so many other things.

但是,我也是一样 But then, so have l.

你知道的,他和我... You see, he and I are...

他和我挺像的 He and I are so similar.

我们两个的性格都很固执 We're both so stubborn.

爸爸,我... Papa, l...

你真的是很爱他,不是吗? You really do love him, don't you?

非常爱他 Very much.

我真不敢相信有人会配得上你

I cannot believe that anyone can deserve you.

现在看起来,是我看错了

But it seems I am overruled.

我衷心地祝福你们

So I heartily give my consent.

我是不想把你随便嫁给别人,我的伊丽莎白 I could not have parted with you, my Lizzie, to anyone less worthy.

谢谢你

Thank you.

如果有其他年轻的小伙子来找曼丽或者吉蒂 看在老天的份上,让他们进来吧

If any young men come for Mary or Kitty, for heaven's sake, send them in.

我现在的生活可真是清闲

I'm quite at my leisure.

相关推荐